18 : 𝖳𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗎𝗋𝗇𝖾𝖽

「🥀」

I slowly opened my eyes. I was greeted with everything in white.

"Wha.."

I tried to sit up but my body would crumple in pain. I hissed as I weakly fell back. I was in a bed. A dextrose was attached to my arm.

I'm in a hospital..?

A nurse suddenly came in with a push cart. Once she saw my conscious state, she beamed lightly and pulled out a syringe.

"Hello," she greeted politely. "How are you feeling?"

"Why am I here?" I questioned, ignoring her inquiry. "What happened?"

"You've been into a car accident, Ms. L/N. You were unconscious for a day." She answered, injecting some medicine in my arm.

I winced slightly. The memory of me running to the street flashed back in my mind. There was Beomgyu running up to me. I felt the pain again. I remembered how he betrayed me. I remembered how much I loathed him at that point. Until I heard the loud beep and everything went black.

Beomgyu.

"I'll get the doctor."

The nurse excused herself and went out. I attempted to sit up again. And when I managed to do so, I let my eyes wander around. Beside me was another bed with a familiar person laying down, unconscious. There were a lot more cables and things attached to his body than mine. He also had a bandage around his head.

"BEOMGYU!"

I instinctively heaved myself but an immense pain suddenly kicked in, making me go immobile on my spot. I broke down into sobs. Not because I was hurting. But because he was hurting.

"I hate you!" I howled. "Wake up, stupid!"

I should be the one to sleep in this moment, not you!

A female doctor came in and saw me crying. He glanced sideways at Beomgyu as she approached me. I took her arm and cried harder.

"Is he okay?! He's still alive right?!"

"Ms. L/N, please calm down. He's completely stable and alive, don't worry."

"I don't understand!" I yelled frustratingly. "How is he still sleeping when I'm already awake?!"

She gently pushed me back to the bed and gave me an apologetic look. "Mr. Choi had the greater impact, Ms. Y/N. The car had directly hit him on the back."

"He.. Saved me..?"

"We could put it that way."

"W-what about my baby? Is my baby alright?"

She tapped my shoulder. "I'm so sorry, Ms. L/N."

I panicked. "Why? Why are you sorry? What wrong?! What happened to my baby?!"

"You had a miscarriage as soon as you got in here. You're still under observation since you bled too much and you might need a blood donor."

My jaw dropped. My mind completely went blank. The doctor smoothly checked on my vitals and left in a few. I stared in space, tears rolling down my cheeks like waterfalls.

I.. Lost my child..?

"God.." I gripped on my hair. "Why are you doing this to me..?!"

Soft whimpers of mine filled the entire room. My heart felt heavy. My chest began to hurt as well as my head. There was too much for me to take in. Too much fuckery just happened and I didn't know which one I should ponder about first.

"Why me?!" I hissed. "Of all the people, why me?!"

I looked back at Beomgyu and felt the rage again. How dare he sleep at this point when I needed him most?!

"WAKE UP!" I screeched, glaring at him.

"WAKE THE FUCK UP! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME, GYU! YOU'RE NOT TURNING THE TABLES!"

Beomgyu remained peaceful. I sobbed harder, seeing him in that state.

"I NEED YOU, STUPID!" I practically begged. "WAKE UP!"

I leaned back to the headboard as my head pounded harder. There was a sudden ringing in my ears. I felt dizzy and my belly ached terribly.

"A-ah.." I winced and curled.

I took deep breaths and tried to remain stable. Everything in me just began hurting so bad.

"H-help.." I weakly voiced.

Suddenly, I heard a long beep. I looked up to Beomgyu's monitor and saw a straight, green line which indicated one, obvious thing. I internally panicked. With all my remaining strength, I screamed on top of my lungs.

"HELP!"

A few nurses came barging in. 2 of them ran up to Beomgyu while the other called for a doctor.

"Save him!" I cried as another nurse held me back. "Save him, please!"

The same doctor ran inside the room and rushed to revive Beomgyu.

"The defibrillator.." She urged. "QUICK!"

I was being held back tightly as I watched her charge volts straight through Beomgyu's chest. And every time she did, I couldn't help but feel weak and remorse. My breathing began to hitch and one of the nurses noticed.

"Lay back, ma'am." She took out an oxygen mask and wore it over my nose. "Breathe in and out. Please, calm down."

I couldn't. I didn't want to. I was no longer able to speak as I stiffened. Beomgyu and I layed on our beds, both critical in our own conditions.

"Charging.. 500 volts.." The doctor stated. "Clear!"

God, help him..

I closed my eyes and let the last tear fall.

Keep him awake for me..