03 : 𝖨 𝖦𝗈𝗍 𝖠 𝖥𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽

「⭐」

A week after Beomgyu and I's encounter, I haven't heard of him again. We couldn't even cross paths in the hallway. Everytime I come out at night, his door is always closed.

But there was this one time when I woke up at 1 AM. I have overslept. Again.

"I can't live like this." I sighed. "I need to get better, ASAP."

Heaving myself out of the bed, I caught glimpse of the city lights twinkle behind the thin curtains of my window. I could also hear a few cars passing by below. I grabbed my coat and exited my flat. To the park it is. This time, I'll make sure I'll never fall asleep in that place once and for all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as I got there, it was empty; which made sense since it was really late. I ventured the stone path flooded with yellow lights from the lampposts. I suddenly remembered when I went here the last time. Just around this corner, I met Beomgyu and felt mesmerized when he played his guitar. Oh, how I missed the calmness that he brought me at that moment. I'd die to hear him play one more time.

"I wish I could see him again." I mumbled to myself.

The cold 1 AM wind blew, making me shiver underneath my coat. I stuffed my hands inside the big pockets and walked straight ahead. I'm not that much of an autumn person but I fancied the sight of the red maple leaves falling into the soft ground.

A faint tune suddenly met my ears. I looked around and saw Beomgyu sitting on one of the benches in the distance. He was strumming his guitar accompanied by some lyrics in which I couldn't make out. I walked up to him quietly.

"My eyes are no good, blind without her. The way she moves, I never doubt her. When she talks, she somehow creeps into my dreams."

"She's a doll, a catch, a winner. I'm in love and no beginner. Could ever grasp or understand just what she means."

I watched him sing with his eyes close. He was clearly feeling it. I could really tell; from how enthusiastic he plucked the chords to how he tapped his feet on the ground for a beat.

"Baby, baby blue eyes, stay with me by my side. 'Til the mornin', through the night. Well baby, stand here, holdin' my sides. Close your baby blue eyes."

"Every moment feels right." I softly sang along.

Beomgyu paused as he heard my voice. I gasped and internally panicked since I wasn't expecting that he'd notice me. I thought I kept my voice low enough, but sike.

"Y/N!" He smiled.

I waved at him awkwardly. "Hey."

"What are you doing here?"

"Getting some air," I shrugged. "I just woke up."

"Can't you get back to sleep?"

I shook my head and laughed. "I'm trying not to fall back. It'd be another struggle if I do so."

Beomgyu frowned. He patted on the space beside him, urging me to sit down. I did, of course. But I inched away. After all, I've only met him once before. He was still quite a stranger to me. He cleared his throat and lightly rubbed his palms against his thighs.