Chapter 12 - Shattered

Start from the beginning

Riddle's eyes had widened.

"Sir - if the person was caught - if it all stopped--"

"What do you mean?" said Dippet with a squeak in his voice, sitting up in his chair. "Riddle, do you mean you know something about these attacks?"

"No, sir," said Riddle quickly.

"You may go, Tom..."

Riddle slid off his chair and slouched out of the room. Harry followed him.

Down the moving spiral staircase they went, emerging next a gargoyle in the darkening corridor. Riddle stopped, and so did Harry, watching him. Harry could tell that Riddle was doing some serious thinking. He was biting his lip, his forehead furrowed.

Before moving on though, the young wizard was interrupted by the sounds of hurried footsteps. Tom turned sharply to his right facing Harry with a softened yet stern expression.

"Elizabeth, what are you doing up?" The sudden question made Harry frown. At first he was confused but then he felt something pass through him and yelped. A young girl walked straight through him.

"Why, looking for the furious beast that roams the halls, of course." The young girl spoke sarcastically, Harry moved to the left to get a better look at her. She had long striking blonde hair, porcelain skin and her cheeks were a tint of red; robes matching that of a Slytherin, a third year possibly? she couldn't be any older than Riddle, maybe a couple years younger. Who was she?

"If Headmaster Dippet finds out that your out here, sister, he'll surely punish you. Not to mention the beast that's..." but whatever the young boy was going to say was drowned out by the sounds of heavy footsteps ahead in the halls.

Sister? But Tom had said previously that his mother had died shortly after his birth? Did they not share the same mother? Though it was certainly plausible, they didn't look alike at all.

"What are you doing, wandering around this late, Tom, Elizabeth?" A sudden voice brought him out of his musings. Harry gaped at the direction of the voice it was a wizard. He was none other than a fifty-year-younger Dumbledore.

"I had to see the headmaster, sir, Eli was... accompanying me," said Riddle.

"Well, hurry off to bed you two," said Dumbledore, giving the two siblings exactly the kind of penetrating stare Harry knew so well. "Best not to roam the corridors these days. Not since..."

The two of them took off in a hurry as Dumbledore sighed, Harry followed after them just as quickly. What was going on?

Y/N and Ron had just finished their game of wizard chess down at the Great Hall before saying goodbye to Hermione as they split off to their own dormitories. The two of them entered with a push of the door and were shocked to find Harry awake and shaken on his bed, looking amidst and sweeting.

"What's wrong?" Y/N asked him worriedly, hurrying over to him with Ron in tow.

"It was Hagrid..." He breathed in and out. "Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago..."

The next morning didn't start better either. For the rest of the day the four of them were stuck trying to figure out more on Tom Riddle but alas, he was a complete anomaly.