Chapter 2

Note- Please read in dark mode/background.

Please vote 💜
Ignore the mistakes 😘
___________________________

“A fake smile may fool the crowd but it never eases the pain.”

– Kelly Brook

__________________________

Taehyung watched Jungkook walk away as he felt a familiar pang in his chest.

But not wanting to dwell in it. He turned to Jin in hopes of distracting himself.

"Do you need any help with something ?"

The elder who was then sitting on the couch with his phone out in his hands looked up.

"Huh ?"

"No."

"The decorations are almost finished."

"You should probably just go and get ready for the party."

"Oh."

The younger looked down in disappointment.

"I'll get ready, then."

Jin hummed in a non-chalant manner, this time not even bothering to look up at him.

Taehyung turned around and as he started to walk up the stairs the dread began to consume him.

And as he walked through the hallway to his room.

His eyes fell on the window.

He stopped.

The sun was hidden away in the clouds as harsh wind rolled down.

It was a cold day.

And Taehyung shivered even after the inside of the mansion was much warmer than the outside.

It was not because of the temperature that he shivered.

It was because of the cold atmosphere of Jeon mansion that made him shiver.

The dull somber atmosphere never leaving and even making the family members caught up in it.

He wasn't used to this.

He grew up with warm loving atmosphere.

When he first entered the mansion after his wedding.

He was confused.

But slowly everything started to unfold in front of him.

Within a year he understood that this family wasn't like they presented themselves to the world.

The relationships were far too complex and tangled up.

And the word love doesn't exist in the four walls that were hidden away, the facade, the fake smiles everything came off leaving only bitterness and cold.

He is not going to lie and say it didn't effect him.

Taehyung was already in a vulnerable place when he became a Jeon and the atmosphere was definitely not a help.

He sighed and moved along.

Again it was not the time to dwell on it but he just couldn't help but think.

Taehyung closed his eyes and took a deep breathe as he gathered some courage and finally opened the door.

Just as he stepped in the room. He saw Jungkook was already on the couch working on the laptop.