25 ; the apocalypse

Klaus stepped out of his room, the lights flickering, the floor shaking beneath their feet. Diego had appeared from his room, and Patch seemed to have left, taking the guns as evidence to the police station. Luther came out from Allison's bedroom. "Are those explosions coming fr-"

"Vanya," Luther said, and Alex glared at him.

"It's your fault, you puta,"

"We need to get to safety outside the Academy," Pogo told them as more explosions burst several floors below them.

"Don't forget Mom!" Luther called as Diego rushed away. Alex found himself following him, and Klaus keeping pace with him. Ben was tagging along behind them, looking tense.

There were explosions going off back at the bedrooms, and Alex tried not to think about how they'd been there mere moments ago. This was shit.

They ran through into the main area, where Diego's mom was supposed to be. She wasn't there.

"Mom! Where is she?" they ran across to the other side, dodging debris that fell from the ceiling.

"Mom!"

The two living yelled out in pain when debris hit their heads hard. Diego collapsed beside Klaus, momentarily knocked out as Klaus groaned and coughed. "Diego," he said, seeing a support beam cracking above them the ceiling cracking, and he tried to wake his brother.

Alex and Ben looked at each other before they tried their luck. They grabbed onto Klaus and Diego, pulling them away and out of the immediate threat of the support beam and chunk of ceiling.

It came crashing down onto the spot that the living men had been on, and Alex and Ben looked at each other, surprised.

"Well done manifesting, Klaus," Alex said, looking to Klaus, surprise lining his features.

"Holy shit," Klaus said, looking at the two as Diego groaned, coming back to them. Klaus got to his feet and helped Diego do the same. "Come on, come on, come one. Diego!"

Klaus helped Diego out, the two rushing to get from the building. The two ghosts followed, still in shock at what had happened.

So Klaus was getting better at manifesting them. Alex wondered what else he could do if he stayed sober.

They managed to get outside through a back exist.

"OK, OK," Klaus said, out of breath as they rounded a corner.

"Hey, you just saved my life, man," Diego said, hands on his face, a smile on his own.

"OK, Great," Klaus said, and then Diego hugged him. Klaus gave the ghosts an apologetic sort of look when they both gave a what the fuck look to him. Klaus shrugged, and the two brothers pulled away from each other.

"Shit, Mom. Mom!"

"Mom, get out of there, Mom!"

"Mom! Get out of there now!"

Alex pressed his lips together, looking up at the window where they could see Grace. She was standing there, face screwing up like she was going to cry as she looked down at her sons. She was trapped. Beside him, Ben made a gasping sort of noise.

"Mom, I'm coming after you!"

"No, Diego!" Klaus grabbed his brother before he could get any closer to the falling building. "No, no, no, Diego,"

"Please, Mom!"

"Get back!"

Glass was smashing, and it was getting harder to see Grace. More debris was falling, and then they lost sight of Grace.