23; the sister

Alex had watched how Diego broke free, unlocking Patch's cell.

"You go and hide," he told her, and she looked annoyed at him.

"Where do you think you're gonna go?"

Diego looked frustrated. "My sister is in danger, I have to get my brothers to help save her. I can't risk you too. I've already lost Alex, I'm not losing another person I care about."

There was a look on Patch's face, trying to make a choice before Diego made it for her. "We go to your place, the Academy, we can try and lay low there."

"Because that's gonna work out well," Alex said, watching as the two nodded their agreements before they left the police station, sneaking out of a backway that Patch knew.

He mostly watched them, seeing how Patch stole a car, taking them a few blocks away from the Academy. Alex popped inside, finding himself beside Ben as Klaus tried to do some knitting. It didn't look like it was going well. Five came in, talking about trying to save the world, and got Klaus to get dressed and go with him. Alex wondered just how well that was going to work, but he supposed it was better than Klaus trying to get high or accidentally kill himself with a knitting needle.

They had barely taken twenty steps out of Klaus' room before Patch and Diego jogged in, Diego telling his brothers that Allison was in danger and they had to get Luther.

"You stay here. This place is big, it'll be hard to find you here if they come looking," Diego told Patch.

"Who's this?" Five asked, frowning at Patch.

"Oh, y'know, the people who allegedly murdered me even though it was one of the assassins. No big deal." Alex said with a shrug, and Klaus just shook his head at him, being the only one to hear him as per usual. God, he wished he know how he'd been able to manifest himself. He wanted to talk to Diego, it was aching on his heart.

After Patch assured Diego she'd keep herself safe in the huge mansion, the three brothers, and the two ghosts, made it their mission to find Luther.

🗡️☂️🔥

Klaus had had a suspision as to where Luther had been, and had been pleased to see that he'd been right. "Look," he said, pointing at his brother. "Trying a little hair of the dog, are we? Hmm?"

"Leave me alone,"

Diego sat down beside his brother, slapping his gloves on the table. "Give us a minute,"

"OK, come on, maybe they'll brood each other to death,"

They backed away, watching the two talk to each other, brooding and talking about their miseries. Klaus tapped at his wrist at Five, seeing how short they were on time.

"But Allison deserves better than that,"

"Allison? What are you talking about?"

"Well, we got ahold of Harold Jenkins' polcie file. Turns out Vanya's boyfriend is a convicted murderer."

"She's got great taste in men," Alex commented. Ben just rolled his eyes at Alex's remarks. He wondered just how many times his fellow ghost had rolled his eyes or scoffed at something he'd said over the years, the stupid shit he had to have heard from his siblings and Alex.

"Who would've saw that one coming? A little hard to trust anyone who wears corduroy,"

Alex raised an eyebrow at Diego, wishing he'd just get to the point. That was the trouble with brooding, it took forever to get to the damn point.

"Wait, so ... where's Allison now?"

"She decided to go after Harold Jenkins. Alone."

Luther's posture changed. "You should have led with that. Jesus Christ!" They watched as Luther stumbled up, in a rush to get out, stumbling over the tables and chairs, trying to get through the doors as quickly as he could.