07

–H

"Those are bad for you, you know," Harry frowned.

Amaya's eyes widened in shock for a second as she took him in before she composed herself, shrugging as she answered seemingly unfazed, "I'll live."

"You'll reek," He took a sip of his coffee as he leaned next to her.

Amaya looked at him annoyed as she gestured to the sidewalk, "Well, you're welcome to walk away you know. Don't let my stink stop you on your way to your Gucci shower in your million dollar mansion."

Harry looked surprise as he chuckled, "My shower's not Gucci, it's diamond encrusted."

"Wouldn't be surprised," She mumbled against the cigarette.

     Harry smiled, but his eyebrows furrowed suddenly as he became worried, remembering why he approached her in the first place.

"Are you all right?" He asked. "I couldn't help notice you snap at your friend inside. You seemed pretty mad."

She groaned and rolled her eyes, "If one more person asks me that today..."

"Woah, I'm sorry," He chuckled nervously, "Was just worried, is all."

"Why?" She looked at him weird.

Harry fumbled with his words as his cheeks turned a lovely shade of pink, "Dunno, you just seemed like you needed someone to talk to, so I decided to become that someone."

"Oh, well. Thanks... I guess." She was done with her cigarette and discarded it at a nearby trashcan, fiddling with a new one as she returned to Harry's side.

"Another one?" He looked appalled.

"Yeah," She shrugged and tilted the box in his direction, "Want one?"

"Um, no thanks, that's a gross habit."

"You're gross," She lit the cigarette between her lips.

Harry rolled his eyes but couldn't help a small smile, "That's the best you could do?"

"Why are you here again? Is this like a thing you do to boost your ego? Talk to strangers in distress so you can fill the "treat people with kindness" slot in your daily agenda?" She looked annoyed for the millionth time that day.

Harry looked unbothered, "You done?"

     The beautiful woman looked surprised at Harry's answer, staying quiet in response but not before giving him a theatrical eye roll. They stayed like that for a while, enjoying the view and admiring the passing cars and pedestrians, before he broke the ice, again.

     "You didn't answer my question."

"Huh? Which one?"

"If you're alright," He stepped just a little closer to her.

She stayed unaware as she answered, "Oh yeah, I'm fine."

He raised an eyebrow, "That's it?"

"Wha-Dude, yes, that's it. I'm fine," She gave him a weird look yet again, "What? You want me to tell you my deepest darkest secrets and regrets while you suck on a white girl latte?" She shook her head, "Not happening, man."

He looked unfazed, "I'm not expecting that. I'm just trying to see if you need help, if I can lend a hand in any way."

"Well I don't need your sympathy," She exhaled smoke, "Nor your humongous hands."