03

–H

Harry arrived earlier than usual that day. His nook waiting for him as he sat in the booth area, his eyes scanning the menu lazily as he already knew what he would get.

He wasn't surprised to realize Amaya hadn't arrived yet, he'd come to notice she'd always stop by around late morning when it was less crowded, just like him. So he made himself comfortable and took out his journal while he waited for his usual to be placed before him.

It was the first time since he'd seen her that Harry finished all his food. He'd always be so distracted with the curly-haired beauty he'd have to leave with the left overs. But he was barely finishing his tea when he finally heard her voice boom through the place.

"Oi, oi!" She smiled brightly as she stood by the door.

His eyes snapped to her and his breath caught. He would never not get completely surprised by her beauty every time he saw her. And today definitely wouldn't be the exception.

His eyes scanned her body and unique choice of attire as she made her way to the bar, practically bouncing with each step. Today she wore a black bra underneath a cropped long-sleeve fishnet shirt, high waisted shorts adorned with a thick belt, and her signature black boots. And Harry's mouth practically touched the floor as he raked her body.

It wasn't just the way the clothes adorned her figure and complimented every curve, it was the way she portrayed herself in them that completely winded him. Her confidence was so extremely attractive and enticing, Harry stood no chance to look away.

He didn't want to look away.

"Morning sweetums," The brown beauty rounded the counter, "How's my baby doing today?"

Lilly giggled and turned to Amaya, "Someone's in a good mood."

"I had a good night sleep," the beautiful woman smiled innocently, reaching the blonde and pecking her cheek.

Lilly narrowed her eyes knowingly at her friend, "Mhm. I bet that stench you just brought in would beg to differ."

Harry's eyes gleamed knowingly as he smelled what Lilly referred to, making him shake his head and chuckle as he fumbled around with his papers.

"That was just a pick-me-up, my good night sleep was actually a really good lay."

"Oh," Lilly tried to sound enthusiastic as her friend continued.

"Yeah, I took your advice," The beauty hopped onto the island and rested back on her hands. "I slept with a girl."

Harry's tea spilled.

     Lilly's eyes widened, "What!"

"Bloody hell, bloody hell, bloody hell..."

Harry groaned in distress as he tried to rescue his papers from getting completely soaked. Good thing he had drunk around three quarters of his tea before it slipped from his hands. He was grateful the mug hadn't made a ruckus when it fell, not drawing any attention to him while he fumbled about with it.

     The singer grabbed a handful of napkins from the tray on his neighbor table and pressed them on the quickly spreading liquid. In the background he heard Lilly's almost pained voice as he struggled to clean the mess.

     "You slept with ano– I mean, you slept with a girl?" The fair woman tried to sound casual, but Harry could detect a hint of hurt in her words.

"C'mon, c'mon..." He clenched his jaw in frustration as he pated the napkins on the spill, the papery material soaking completely and beginning to drip. Harry reached over and grabbed more, almost ready to cry in annoyance. At this point his notes were ruined, his journal was wet, his hands were sticky, and he'd started to attract attention.

     "Yeah..." Amaya looked almost uncertain as she proceeded, completely unaware one of her customers was near a break down. "Wasn't that what you told me to do? What you wanted?"

Harry gave in and called to the waiter as discreetly as possible after realizing he wouldn't be able to clean it all by himself. The waiter was quick to help, bringing over a cleaning cloth and helping move Harry's things to the next table and away from the mess.

Harry thanked the waiter, Nico, as he grabbed his journal and notes and placed them on the now-clean table, rubbing his hands through his face and hair exasperated. "Well that was just great."

     "No, yeah, yeah. It-it was," mumbled Lilly, as she faced away from her friend.

     "Lilly..." Amaya said softly.

     "Mhm? What? Oh, no, no, really, it was... what I meant... what you did. It was what I meant. You did what I meant, what I told you to do. Although I did tell you to date one, not use one. But you know, it's whatever. It's cool. It's okay. I mean, why wouldn't it be okay? It's okay. It's great. It's perfect, really! You did grea-"

     Amaya hugged Lilly from behind, "Lilly, babe, what's wrong?"

     Her friend seemed caught off guard as she jumped in her arms, blushing so bright she matched the red velvet cupcakes beside her.

     "Huh-What? I'm fine, I'm fine. Really!"

     Amaya turned her around, concern lacing her voice and framing her eyes as she asked, "Did it bother you? That I slept with someone else?"

Lilly's eyes shot open in shock as she leaned away from her friend, breaking the hug and saying all too loudly, "No! No! Why would I? What do I care? It's fine by me. I'm fine. It's fine!" Amaya looked unconvinced as he friend continued, "You can do whatever you want, I'm not your girlfriend-"

"Girlfriend?"

"No, I'm not. So I don't care, I don't mind. I'm-"

"Fine?"

"Yeah! Exactly. I am. I'm fine. Sleep with whoever you want. Date whoever you want. Or don't date whoever you want. I don't care. It's not up to me. I'm terrific. Don't you see? I'm ecstatic... for you. Couldn't be prouder. Way to go Mi, really, I'm happy for you!"

Harry looked awkwardly down at his journal as he avoided staring at what was unfolding before him. He felt bad, extremely bad, as he realized it really had affected the petite blonde. He didn't know them well—well, he didn't know them at all—but he could tell there was something truly bothering her.

"Lilly-Hey!" Amaya grabbed her wrist as she meant to turn away. "Babe-"

"Please don't call me that."

"Huh?" Amaya looked hurt.

"Don't call me babe, or baby, or love, or whatever other cheesy shit you call me. Please." Lilly looked at the floor, her eyes gleaming as she seemed near to tears.

"Um, okay, okay. I won't."

"Thanks," She mumbled as she backed away and out of the bar.

As Amaya stood confused and shocked in her place, staring after her friend, Harry felt a tug inside him as an urge to comfort her took over him.

His face grew worried as he realized this. He needed to stop. He had to stop. His little observation game was cute at first when he would just watch pieces of the beautiful woman's life unfold, but now it felt weird.

Now he was starting to care.

Harry hurriedly grabbed his things as he realized he had to go. He couldn't keep doing this. It wasn't right. He wouldn't like it if some stranger was constantly staring and analyzing him without his knowledge. The thought gave him chills as he made his way to the door.

He was glad Amaya had seemed to disappear off after what happened, not wanting to risk the chance of her recognizing him. He just wanted to leave and never return. His little game was turning too serious for his liking, and he was not about to give into it.

But as Harry opened the door to the café he jumped in fright as he almost ran into Amaya.