"Get in position now." Ryder ordered. 

Tension filled the air as Aaron and his companions rose from their seats and moved closer to the doors. Brant couldn't help but wonder if somebody would recognize him. 

An unfamiliar voice crackled over the airwaves. "Hold up, boss. The kitchen doors are unaccounted for. If they—" 

"I have eyes on the one facing north. Brant and Hannah can watch over the south one." Ryder said. 

"Alright, boss." 

Most of the disguised Kemarians kept their heads hung low so the bills of their hats would hide their faces. And for the most part, the real guards paid them no mind. One agitated guard did pull one aside, but it appeared he resolved the tension and quelled his suspicion. 

After a couple minutes, Aaron and his men had shifted into position and informed Ryder. 

The sound of the Underground leader inhaling carried over the airwaves. "Pick your targets carefully and fire." 

A tense and relatively silent second followed. Brant aimed at the crooked-nosed man standing behind Khemera and staring at his food. He inhaled and pulled the trigger. 

Brant missed his shot and grunted. Retreating further into the shadows, he berated himself. As if on cue, everybody else shot at once, causing the sounds of gunfire to ring out all around the room. Many guards fell dead or wounded, and even the unharmed ones fell into terror as their eyes darted about in desperation, clueless as to where the deadly bullets were coming from. 

Brant peered over the edge of his balcony at Hannah below, who had just scattered a round of pellets into one guard's chest. Agonized but not yet dead, he moved to clamber over the bar counter toward her. Blood erupted from his head when she fired again. 

A nearby man managed to spot her before she ducked. With widened eyes, Brant aimed his own pistol down and pulled the trigger. The bullet bounced and rung upon hitting the floor. 

Brant growled and retreated into the darkness as much as he could while still keeping an eye on Hannah. To his relief, she nailed her attacker in one shot and concealed herself successfully. 

He lifted his gaze just in time to be astonished by Ryder. The man shot three guards in quick succession, and then his hand darted over to the railing. In a blur of movement, he sent a shuriken flying through the air. It sliced into two guards' necks before clattering to the floor. They dropped to the ground spewing blood. 

Brant snapped to attention when he heard Aaron cry out amidst the clamor. A brawny man pinned him to the ground and clutched at his throat. With gritted teeth, Brant aimed and fired again. This time, he hit, right in the back of the attacker's cranium. 

Brant took too long to retreat this time, and a trio of men stared right at him. He ducked and stumbled back into the door leading to the empty banquet room. Five bullets penetrated the wall above his head. Where to go from here? 

Realizing his gun was now empty anyway, he tossed it aside and swung down from his balcony. He broke his fall with a roll and hoisted a chair above his head. Brant hurled it at the nearest guard and watched it splinter to pieces on his head. While the man was still stunned, he leapt in and swung a neck-cracking punch at his jaw. When he spotted another nearby guard creeping toward Aaron and using a Kemarian woman as a meat shield, he dispatched him as well. 

Brant materialized a sword and shield from his gloves and hacked away. With strikes both strong and swift, he killed one guard after another, often before they could fire a single shot. Those that succeeded simply watched as their bullet got deflected off his shield. Then they died.