[WesleyStromberg] Our Flower

Author's Note:

Yet another new story. Um, I think that I like where this is going to go. Updates will be about once or twice a week. Hopefully more than that. I don't know if I feel awkward for posting this, but other people have their stories about them out, so I figured why not. Let me know what you think. This is just a prologue. Oh, and this story will have flashbacks so you can see what she's talking about when she talks about them before the X Factor and such. Enjoy and comment!

Eventually, love dies, it’s a flower that was pressed against the pages of a journal and the pages sucked out all of the water from it; there are no more petals that feel like velvet, no more of that linger smell of happiness. Part of me, I knew that our flower, like the one in the glass case in Beauty and the Beast, was crumbling down to nothing, but this time, it was keeping something beautiful alive, and no one was in time to save it from turning it ugly.

When I got that acceptance letter and he got that audition, I should have known, should have realized where all of this was going to lead me, not even him, I couldn’t tell anyone what he was up to. People at school, people in the neighborhood, they all ask me how he is, what it’s like for him there, if he’s having fun, and I tell them all a lie. “He’s doing really well. He said that he’s having a great time. He wants you to remember to vote for him, so keep his dream going, okay?

It’s not an entire lie. He is having a great time. He’s doing well. I know that much. When he does call, that’s what he tells me anyway. We’re together, our flower hasn’t died completely, not yet, but I can’t stop feeling like he’s pulling off the petals himself, just haphazardly tearing them off without a care, without a second thought. I see how that girl looks at him, the judge, Demi, and I know that he’s not stupid enough to have any sort of relationship with a judge, but I don’t know anymore, I don’t know him anymore.

Charley, she says that all we need to do is open up our communication and everything will be fine eventually, once we talk, but I'm not the one having trouble communicating. I call him, every day, like he said that he would, but he doesn’t really call, not every day like he promised, and it’s rare that I get my traditional “good morning beauty” text message like I used to before all of this. My mom, who Charley agrees with, says that fame is going to change him, but I have to decide if I want it to change our relationship; but, it doesn’t make any sense, he already decided that our relationship is going to change, I didn’t do that, I didn’t have a say in it.

I can’t walk down the hallways of school without some girl stopping me and asking me about him or Drew or Keaton, and it’s annoying, they didn’t care before and they shouldn’t care now. My dad says that I should just ignore them and continue walking, but then people would know that our relationship isn't good anymore like it used to be, I want it to be like it used to be, and if people don’t know how bad it is then I can at least still live in my world of denial.

Wesley Stromberg, there’s so much to say about him, really, but right now I don’t know what he is to me, I don’t know if I'm anything to him, and at this point I'm not sure what we are to each other. Gosh, people think that we’re still happy together, that we talk all the time like he promised me we would, but that’s so far from the truth, and I think that’s what hurts the most, that when he left I completely believed, I put all my faith, into his promises.

He can’t keep those promises. And if he can’t keep at least some of his promises, then I don’t know if he can keep both his fame and me.