"Sadie, please. Can we talk?" Desperation clung to his voice and for a second I thought he had me. Turning to him I felt my blood boil under my skin and frustration of the situation bubble in my chest turning my breaths more shallow. "No."

Continuing my path I hoped to God he would leave it alone but that is all it was, mere hope. "I just need a few seconds."

"Is that what you said to the girl you cheated on me with?" Somehow between recent nights and to this moment my sadness transitioned into pure anger. I could no longer be miserable and be kept in my room. If anyone was meant to be miserable it should be him.

Realizing his hurt, he had stiffened where he stood and closed his eyes before taking a deep breath. "I'm sorry. I will say it countless times because I am. There's no excuse imaginable that I could give to you but you gotta know I wasn't just fucked up. I was plastered and-"

"Finn, just give me time. That's the least you could do for me." I may have lied but I needed to go before I did something I would regret. I really can never see myself having that talk with him. What was done is done and there wasn't any possibility of going back.

"Sadie-."

When my phone rang in my pocket I couldn't be other than grateful. However, having already dealt with one cheater this morning I was struck with another. My mothers name pictured on the screen I had to decide whether to speak to her or stay and talk to Finn who wasn't going to leave without discussing everything that had happened which I wasn't ready for.

Without saying another word I slide my thumb across the screen before holding it to my ear. I assumed he watched me walk away or maybe got the idea and walked away but I would never know as I made my way once again to the parking lot.

"Hey, Mom." I expected this conversation to go as every other one did. She'd do most of the talking while I added side comments before I found an excuse to end the call.

"Hey Sweets. Whatcha up too?" Sweets, a nickname she had given me since I could remember. She used it a lot especially when she was about to walk out the door to her friends house which ultimately was her going somewhere to get laid.

"I just got out of class. I'm about to drive back to the apartment."

"Oh alright. I just wanted to check in. It's been a bit since we talked and I missed you." I couldn't honestly say she was a bad mother, a bad wife, sure.

"Yea, I've just been so busy."

"Well maybe... for your next break you can stop by. Max says he'd love to cook for me and you. Maybe you can get some real food in your stomach." Max, my mothers boyfriend, was one of the only ones that had no crossover between my parents' marriage. I wasn't sure if she had told him of her infidelity but they seemed happy, I suppose.

"That sounds nice, Mom. I got to go. I don't want to get in trouble for being on my phone while driving."

"Of course. Love you, Sweets."

Grounding up any source of encouragement I responded hesitantly, "Love you too." Hopping in the car, I wanted to scream. Maybe even grab a bat and go feral on Finn's car but instead I drove home knowing a stash of kitkat's were waiting for me in my drawer.

****

Hadley's last class for the day ended at four which meant she'd be home around 4:30. Despite telling my Mother I didn't want to get in trouble for being on my phone while driving I texted Hadley that I wanted to go out. I think I needed a drink or two depending on if I had calmed down by the time she made it home but as the time grew closer I knew this anxious feeling wasn't at all temporary.

In my feeble attempt to distract myself I went through my clothes. Despite having a full closet I felt like I didn't have a thing to wear. I was more of a jean person paired with a cute top but tonight a dress felt easier and simple. One thing I learned about myself since I started college was that when I felt down and depressed I felt much better after dolling myself up. The level of confidence I felt is unmatched. Just know when a girl gets asked who she's trying to look good for, best believe it's simply for herself.

After an hour and Haldey's return from her lecture I decided on a little black dress that I had long since forgotten about. The black slip dress made it a little above mid-thigh. Hadley had told me to ditch the worn converse for the pair of white cowgirl boots she had which surprisingly went well with the dress. The jewelry, however, was all my own. I was a gold girl. Everything between the hoop earrings and the two gold necklaces that hung from my neck were gold. The one little charm that laid against my chest had a S in its center, which had been my favorite. It was one of the gifts that my mother had gotten me growing up which I knew was from the guilt that ate at her at the time.

Not wanting to get to the bar too early, we got ready together. Makeup had lined my vanity and hers had been placed on the carpet in front of my big mirror. We were kind of matching as she had a black top with white cotton pants. I knew she was happy about me finally making my return to the outside world. Her response to me asking her to go get drinks was in all caps.

Packing my purse with essentials, I watched as she stood up from the floor and body checked through the mirror, her face dissatisfied. Turning my light off so she couldn't see she looked up and smiled before following me out. Hadley's body was perfect. She had curves and toned muscles. I wish she saw herself the way most people did.

Looking at the clock in the kitchen I was unsure how time had gone by so quickly as it was already seven by the time we'd get to the bar it would be nearly hitting 7:40 being that we planned on calling a taxi.

Mulligans was packed which was surprising for two reasons. One, it was a Monday which meant most had school or practice tomorrow and secondly, it was pretty early for this many people to be here. Usually, it wouldn't start hectic till about nine. Paying the taxi man we had him drop us off across the street.

Holding my hand she led me through the waves of people and to the bar. I was hoping to see someone, anyone that I may know but to no avail.

"Two spiked strawberry lemonades, please." Hadley had to practically yell over the excitement that overran the building. The bartender shaking his head grabbed all the ingredients and quickly mixed them together. I always thought I'd be a good bartender but normally that thought hit me when I was two shots and three drinks in. Hadley offered to pay first to my dismay. I had been the one that wanted to go out. I felt like I should owe her.

"I see Emerson. Let's go steal some seats." Shaking my head as I sipped the alcohol from the straw and followed her in tow.

Authors Note:

So this chapter is the edited version but does need some quick grammar checking which i will do when I have the time. For now, I hope like the new chapter. In my attempt to time manage and really factor in my writing Im already working on the next chapter. 

Anyways, Thank you for having patience with me and my infrequent updates.

Also, please check-out my pinterest where I have started a collection of the character outfit. Of course. it is perfectly fine for poeple to have their own idea on how the outfits look but I thought it would be kinda cute idea. 

Love ya - Olivia 

EDITED