Slowly leaning towards me so that he wouldn't be heard by any one else who may have been nearby. "Look Marshall, I'm only going to say this once, got it."

Deciding not to respond he continued as I kept my eyes on the Professor, "You were too smart for the guy anyway. He was a dumb jock and will peak in college. You have a future."

"And you are being nice to me because, why?" Being nice wasn't a trait I'd ever relate back to Nick Kennedy.

"I've been in your shoes. I get it." With a few seconds of genuine heartfelt agreement, Nick was switched back to his old ways. His poster now more relaxed as he sunk into his chair.

"This doesn't mean we're friends, Marshall. I just want to be your rebound." He noted, shrugging his shoulders to play off his niceness casually.

"Uh-huh. Never, and I mean never in a million years, Nick." Rolling my eyes, I felt an unspoken agreement between us to move on and refocus our attention on the class.

I couldn't help the faint smirk that grew on my lips but I also felt pleased that he decided to go easy on me. Yes, if this had been a movie he surely would be my arch-nemesis and this one idle situation did not get me to like or want to like him but I did have a little respect for him. For weeks, my brain set itself to think that I thought I was the problem. Which after sometime I had slowly figured out that it wasn't on me at all but on Finn's infidelity. To hear from someone who you don't get along with to tell you, you were the good one was a whole nother level of relief. Friends and family can lie to spare your feelings, that was a fact.

Throughout the lesson, it was hard to stay awake. Without caffeine and that hour of grueling information that all seemed to go through one ear and out the other, I was in need of a fix. One of the starbucks on campus was one the way out which i figured is where i'd stop. If I didn't stop by I knew driving home in this state would have me crash and burn.

The line wasn't as long as I thought it would be once I made it inside. I was sure every starbucks pumped scents of vanilla and coffee bean into the air to get it to smell as it did. Not that I was hating the smell was one of my favorites.

Passing time I scrolled through instagram and twitter and shuffled little by little as the line got smaller. I think I had been a little too ecstatic to see one person left in front of me. My eyes scanned the room for nothing other than to people-watch. Most seemed accompanied with friends and the ones riding solo all were fixed onto their computer screens.

I had nearly fallen in thought before the girl behind the counter called me up. It was the same girl I had seen when I was in here which meant my order was going to be good.

"Hey, same order?" She teased. I was never sure if it was a good or bad sign that a take out place or restaurant knew my order but honestly I felt like it should have been embarrassing but I was also too tired to care.

"Yes, please." Pulling out my card I waited for her return so that I could swipe it. I watched as she dashed to the machine and to the cups. Her black hair that was held in a ponytail swayed as she moved.

Once again deep in my thoughts I smelt a sudden distinctive smell of cologne hit my nose making it scrunch. Of course, he had been here. One of the only times I leave my house I would catch him in public or rather he would catch me. Not daring to look up, I watched the barista come back with my order.

"Sadie." He spoke, my name sounding subdued as if he were to talk normally he'd scare me off.

Sliding my card I put it back into my wallet still in my attempt to ignore him. "Thanks." I told her. On a mission for the door I unintentionally rammed my side into his but kept on my pursuit.