Chapter 1- Letting Loose

Persephones POV:

I looked in the mirror and sighed, i looked like a relic. Mother always dressed me up as a prune, with white dresses that covered almost every part of me. She said the white symbolised my "virtue". My innocence seemed to be the only thing she cared about.

"kore," she bellowed from the kitchen. I fixed my hair back before slumping off to find her. It didn't take me long as our cottage wasnt the largest. It was atop a hill, in one of the finest places of sicily. The mortals refer to the place as earth, but we usually just use the mortal realm or sicily. We were surrounded by vast fields, ponds, and only a short walk away from the beach side. It was secluded, and locked up tight by enchantments. No god or goddess could see us here, unless they knew we were there. I enjoyed the privacy mostly, especially away from the slobbering sun god apollo. Although the nymphs did annoy me sometimes, and i would act rash toward them. Mother orders them to follow me around, and its infuriating. One time, i slapped daphne across the face, and relished in the thought of doing it again. As each day passes, i feel darker, more rebellious. As if i could scheme and plot against my mother. Well, i have nothing to loose, at the next given opportunity, im going to take a walk on the wild side of life, and finally, defy my mother.

Upon entering the kitchen mother had made me caesar salad. She knew i hate salad. But apparently a lady must eat "small portions" and proper food. I felt like stuffing my face with pizza, but even the slighest crumb to escape my mouth, and mother would scold me. I remember when i was younger, just a one hundred years old, when father visited. He attempted to laugh and joke with me, and mother shot me down each time i tried to respond.

"kore my sweet deliliah, im going on a buisness trip, will you be okay with the nymphs for a few days my honey pot?" she cooed slimily.

I almost spat in her face as she talked to me like a child. I am 3 hundred years old for pete sakes!

"yes mother, i will be grand," i smiled.

"Good to hear darling, ill be off soon, go start your studies in your room," she smiled.

I walked quickly to my room, pulling out a notepad and pretending to study. Instead, i made a bucket list of all the things id do while she was gone:

1) go to a party
2) visit olympus
3) make a friend
4) drink alcohol
5) kiss a god

It was an ambitious list to say the least, but one i can fulfill. I no longer wish to be a goddess of chastity and celibacy, i want to take the bull by its horns. I want to party, experience olympus, drink wine and eat fine cheeses! I want the world to be my oyster, my play ground of dreams.

As i heard mother leave, i squealed with joy! I ran into the fields, the nymphs watching me perplexed as i rolled through the long grass. I lay on my back and stared at the sky, giddy as to what awaited me. Olympus, here i come.