Chapter 6

Hiii !! I'm back with chapter 6 ^^ How have you been since last week ? 

Enjoy !! <3 

*******************************

I no longer dared to look at my superior, too ashamed. Indeed, I failed at my job several times and disobeyed or even disrespected my superiors in the meantime. I felt terrible about it. I had to pull myself together or else I felt like my boss was going to do it himself, and certainly not in a soft way.

"I had something else to tell you."

I looked up at Taehyung and carefully listened to him, he seemed to have slightly calmed down.

"Tomorrow night I have a dinner with a collaborator. He wants to meet you."

I frowned. My boss sighed slightly, obviously not really happy with the request of the said collaborator.

"Apparently, he heard about your efficiency in the ring. He wants you to come with me. He's a big contributor so I couldn't really say no," he explained.

I was curious. Who was that man? What did he want from me? Even if he just wanted to meet me, it made no sense.

"He... he probably wants something from me..." I replied anxiously.

"That's what I thought too."

I nodded. Taehyung ran a hand through his hair.

"We'll see. Jimin will come with us too and stay not far away, just in case."

"All right."

My boss looked at me, scrutinizing my face. I couldn't understand what this look meant.

"You are dismissed."

I softly bowed at him and walked away, processing the information he had just told me. As I made my way to the gray door I swore I could feel my boss's burning gaze on me. I ignored it and went to the main room.

I was surprised to run into Jimin, who was heading for the door. We greeted each other with a smile.

"Have you seen Taehyung? He had something to tell you," he asked me

"Yes, I just left him. It was about tomorrow night, the dinner."

"Ah, so that was about that! You're coming, right?"

"Yes. Apparently the man the boss has to see wants to meet me."

Jimin frowned. He then gave me a reassuring smile, but I could see that he had a bad feeling about this dinner too.

"Hey, Jimin... can I ask you something?"

"Yes?"

"It's kind of tricky."

He then took my wrist and pulled me to the bar. We sat down and I stayed close to him so he could hear me through the music.

"I have some time, so I'm listening."

I nodded playing with my fingers, not really daring to ask. But I've been dying to ask this question.

"What are the... punishments?"

"The punishments?" He repeated not understanding my question.

"Yeah, you know... if we mess up the job or disobey."

Jimin froze. His gaze was lost for a moment on the marbled bar counter. It seemed like unpleasant memories were coming back to his mind. He closed his eyes for a moment. When he opened them again, he looked at me seriously.