Chapter 22-Fight Back

Start from the beginning

"I have a nephew." She screams in excitement forgetting she is in the hospital.

"Silver..." I glare at him telling her to calm down. She had to be. It was already too much for Shane to see her mother like that and on top of that, he will meet everyone in this condition. This was not how I wanted them to meet. It was all new for Shane.

"Nice to meet you little Shane."
She kneels beside me to talk to him."I am a big boy aunt Silver." He growls.

"You can call me Silver. Calling me Aunt makes me feel old. There they are..." She complains. Of course, Classic Silver. I saw Dad, Mom, Allan, and Austin walking towards us and we both stood up.

"We came here as soon as you called." Dad says trying to catch his breath."What happened to Ava?" Allan asks with a gloomy face.

"After everything you are here for her. I don't understand."

"She saved us. I will explain everything later." Silver then signals to me to tell them about Shane. It had only been a week since Ava and Shane moved in and it was all new for Shane. Having to know about his real Dad was too much so we didn't tell anybody. We wanted to take it slow but now I will have to explain everything.

"Mom Dad. There is something I have to tell you. Meet Shane your grandson. Shane, They are your grandparents. On the right, is your uncle Allan and that's my friend Austin."

"Explains the reason why he looks like you," Austin says smiling at Shane. "Nice to meet you all. I was dying to meet you but I wish we had met under different circumstances."
I saw the sad look on his face. I held him."Hey, Shane. You said it yourself Mom is a fighter."

"The doctor is here." I don't know why but I thought it would be better if he didn't hear what the doctor had to say. It was already enough, he was here in the hospital for so long. So I gave the keys to Silver to take him home.
"Silver, Take Shane home. He must be tired. Here take the keys."

"I don't want to go. I want to stay here." He yells fighting back.

"Everything is fine Shane. The doctor came here to give me the good news. I am right, doctor?"

"Yes. There are no worries." I gave a sign to the doctor and he lies acting in front of him to convince him but he says."I know it's not. I can see it in your face. The way you are forcing a smile and your fingers are trembling due to lying. You stealing glances to avoid eye contact. You can't fool me but I will go home. Let's go Aunt Silver."

Everyone was shocked by his answer. Silver and Shane hold hands about to leave when Austin
urges to go with them."I will come with you."

"He is smart for a five-year-old." My Dad mumbles and we look at the doctor for an update on Ava's condition.

"Her condition is critical. She lost a lot of blood. We had to do a blood transfusion. None of her vital organs are damaged but she has a serious injury in the head. The shard of glass has been removed. Also, her right arm and left leg are broken. We cannot say anything now but someone can go see her in."

"I will."

I changed myself and entered where Ava was. I could see her lying on the bed all silent with so many needles jabbed on her hand.

A bottle of blood was being transfused and she had an oxygen mask over her mouth. Her forehead was bandaged and her fractured limbs were plastered. The sound that filled the room was the sound of the heartbeat monitor beep, beep, beep.

I couldn't bear seeing her like this so lifeless and injured. I want to blame myself. It should have been me instead of her. Why does it have to be her? She had gone through enough. I should be the one who saved her and never let her hurt. I went a little more closely and knelt. I held her hand and spoke softly. My voice cracked as I said. A tear fell down my cheek but I tried to stay strong.

"Ava, I don't know if you can hear me but I want you to know I love you. I nearly lost you six years ago and I lost myself. I can't bear losing you again. I need you. Shane needs you."

"You have to fight for us. For me. For Shane. You are the strongest woman I have ever met. I know you can overcome this. You have to wake up." I couldn't hold it in any longer. To talk to her and get no response. To not hear her sweet voice.
I held her hand and cried out.
I broke down and started to let out all the tears I had been holding in so long.

The love of my life was lying here fighting between life and death and I couldn't do anything to bring her back to me. God forbid if something happens to her. What will I answer Shane?

I held her hand, closing my eyes, and cried with my face hung down. I couldn't look at her like this. I don't know how long I had been crying but then I heard the steady sound of the monitor. I look up at the monitor and I saw her heartbeat increasing. She was breathing heavily. I could see her chest rising up and down. I held her hand tight.
"Ava, Ava..."

Code blue.
Beep, beep beep.

I called out for her and then the doctors came in and pushed me outside."What happened David?" My Dad asks while I look at the operation theatre.

"I don't know. All of a sudden her heartbeat was increasing and the doctors entered and send me out."

I sat down and Dad and Mom sat down beside me. Dad held me and Mom rubbed my back trying to calm me down saying. "Everything will be fine."

(What happened to Ava? Is she fine or not? Will David find out the person behind this. Find out in next.)

...Thank you for reading...

Please please vote if you like the chapter.
Drop your views in the comments.

Follow writer_addict1205 on Instagram for updates and more.