27; For the Love of a Daughter

"Well then maybe I'll take a page out of his book and destroy everything he loves in life before I kíll him,"

A R I A

I liked to think that I was a woman with many talents.

With my skills ranging from being able to selfishly kíll someone without a care to being able to make a man drop to his knees for me, I was sure I had taken life by the fücking throat and formed a type of control that could never be rendered useless.

...but things were always too good to be true in the life that I lived.

Looking across the church to see my father talking to Ryder validated the thought in my head as I felt my fingertips itch with the need to kíll them both, the thirst for blood being something that I knew I shouldn't have felt under the roof of a church but couldn't help.

Just the sight of them strung me tight and left me coiled in an endless train of thought that always ended with me holding both of their heads, the image warming me from the inside out as I narrowed my eyes at the sight of them both as Aaron stepped to be by my side.

"You're scowling and glaring."

"Don't care," I muttered to him, his words overlooked as I inhaled a sharp breath at the sight of my ex before I found myself imagining what I had on the journey here.

Just like that I resumed my violent fantasy consisting of Ryder set on fire and screaming for help whilst I stood there and watched, the idea ironically alleviating the burning hatred I had for him inside me as I further envisioned shoving those stupid crutches down his fücking throat and breaking his spine.

I wanted to hear him scream and beg for forgiveness I wouldn't ever give, my eyes settling on his lack of fingers as he kept speaking to my dad before someone was stepping in front of me and interrupting my current form of entertainment.

"Giovanni wants to speak to you."

With a blink I looked up to Alex and hummed sharply at his words, the lack of him being the right brother I wanted in front of me leaving me parting his side without words as I turned to seek my grandfather.

It was easy to considering we were early to the church due to my grandfather's focus on time keeping, the reminder only leaving me cursing as I thought about his need to be on time yet his lack of knowing who could attend the church service...especially when I recalled the way he'd stayed silent in lieu of answering the fück my ex was coming with us.

I swallowed harshly.

Just the recap of Ryder being here under my families protection made my fingers curl into fists as I stepped towards my grandfather who was speaking to Jinx, my heels clicking underneath me in defiant strides and garnering their attention as I neared them and then looked across to my grandfather.

I glared.

Despite my deeply rooted respect for him I couldn't help the attitude goaded by my mood towards him. The lack of sleep I'd had over the last two days and the drama over the past ten hours only left me sourer than I'd ever been, today being what it was also playing into effect when I found myself trying my best to ignore the large photo of my mother that was on stage and surrounded by her favourite flowers.

Red roses.

Instead of giving into the caving ache in my chest I rubbed my lips together and stared at my grandfather expectantly, his poker face dissipating when he looked at me and sighed at the look on my face.

"You wanted to speak to me," I raised my eyebrow as I watched my grandfather exhale once more and rub over his jaw, his eyes darting between me and the sudden commotion of Ryder laughing at something my father said.