Chapter Five- Pizza Time

As we piled into a booth in the restaurant, Jay was first to order, of course, followed by Gina, Imogen and then me. I made sure to order the Hawaiian pizza, because as far as I was concerned pineapple did go on pizza. I think this was part of why Jay believed us to be astrologically at odds, but I was fairly sure my being a Cancer had nothing to do with this. 

Gina and Imogen split a margherita between the two of them, while Jay had a veggie pizza. 

The service in the restaurant was fast, which was a good thing as I was incredibly hungry. Reminder to not skip breakfast, check. 

The best part of this restaurant was that you could make your order on tablet screens, which saved me awkwardly rehearsing my order in my head about five times only to utter out the words "Please pizza one Hawaiian," you got the picture. 

The waitress soon returned to our table to place the pizzas down in front of us. 

Gina and her brother continued to tap away on the tablet screens, probably looking through the dessert menu, I assumed. 

"Ecco qui," a different waiter said as he came to present us with our drinks- three colas and one lemonade. It seemed that Jay was the odd one out this time around. 

"Grazie," Imogen replied, with a smile. 

Jay's eyes lit up in admiration at her use of Italian. It wasn't all that surprising, though, given the fact that Imogen was Italian. 

Gina turned to me and smiled as she moved some of her black braided hair over one shoulder, before taking a sip of her cola. 

I knew that I hated when people watched me both eat and drink, so I turned my attention back towards the pizza in front of me. 

I knew that I could eat a lot, but maybe trying to make myself eat this entire thing would be a step too far. 

I was only petite, after all. My 5'3 stature could only cope with so much intake of fast food. At least, that's what my mothers would have me believe. I think it was just a ploy to get me to eat healthier. 

Gina was lucky she was taller. She could eat more, and yet she remained so slender. If her brother didn't become a model one day, then I was almost entirely convinced that she would. 

She turned her attention towards Imogen, then. 

"So, Imogen, what made you move here? Did you have to make a run from some dark family secret?" she joked. 

Imogen gave a small shake of her head as her eyes lit up in humour. 

"Nah, fortunately not. I think my parents both just decided they wanted a change of scene. Besides, New York can be so busy at times. I think they just preferred it here because it's more peaceful," Imogen said. 

"That much is true," Jay said, "We're also hot," he said. 

Imogen released a gentle laugh. 

"What?" he asked, as his sister gave him a look, "It's not as though it's not true," he said. 

"It must sort of suck moving so close to the end of the school year," Gina suggested, then. 

"Maybe a little," Imogen admitted, "But I'm going to go back and visit them," she stated. 

Gina gave an understanding nod, at that. 

I supposed she was right, of course. It must sort of be a pain to get so used to a school and then have to leave the people you had gotten to know so well at the end of the school year.