Chapter Three

Ethan

     He watched the school in a distance as it came into view as he strolled towards it. His parents had begged that he allowed the driver take him to school but he had refused.

      He remembered their excitement when his admission letter came in the mail along with their Invitation to become an Islander.

       He hated that he had to resume to this school. He missed every single detail about the lives they had before being an Islander became a priority to his parents.

        He strolled into the school gates, he had worn his white shirt and wine pants. He carried a black back pack that he had gotten a week ago on the mainland the last time he went to hangout with his friends at the City Mall.

        The stroll from the gate to the main building was a long one. The school had a beautiful scene, the buildings had  brick walls as well as gardens that bloomed beautiful flowers, a very long driveway and many other things he couldn't wrap is head around just yet. The tiled driveway in the middle of the school was decorated with flowers and short bushes on each side. A few gardens here and there and buildings everywhere else.

     The school bell rang and the few students that stood around the drive way or the gardens started to proceed towards the main school building.
      By the time he got to the front of the large building, He saw a girl step out.

      "Hi, Good morning" he said
She looked at him blankly. She then eyed him from head to toe before looking away.

"Why are you talking to me?" She asked him blankly

"Because I need directions?" He said back

"Do I look like a map?" She asked with a hint of annoyance in her voice as she looked at him.

     "You don't have to be mean, you know that" Ethan said to her as he started to feel annoyed himself. For some reason he felt angry now not because of how she acted but because of how fast everything was changing in his life "I only said good morning before proceeding to ask you a question."

     "Crazy " he said under his breathe before walking away.

Marcella

      She stood outside a little longer. She didn't know how to feel about being called a crazy person she was angry. She was very angry. She stormed into the school after a while. The hallway was clear, everyone else had gone to their respective classes.

     She turned to the end of the hall and walked into her class. The room fell silent as she walked in.

"Miss Adegeshin, welcome" Mr Michaels her biology teacher said as she sat in her seat.

       "I would like to introduce three new students who will be joining us today" he said as he pointed towards the door. "Come in"

      Marcella looked away, searching for something in her bag as the students stepped in.
   "Introduce yourselves" Mr Michaels said to them

"Hi my name is Azeezat Olateru" the dark skinny, shy  girl said as she introduced herself. Marcella looked up at her and wondered If she was related to her aunty in anyway. The teacher said three but they were only two girls standing in front of the class of thirteen other students that wouldn't have been interested in the introduction process if they weren't subjected to it.

   "Hi my name is Michelle Demurin" the other girl said. She was fair and she sounded  eager. Maybe too eager, Marcella thought as the door opened up and a boy stepped in.