Chapter 34

Gia

After that incident three days ago, I decided to busy myself with work and meeting. I even try to not meeting with both of them at any streets or places. I've been avoiding all the contact that I have connected with Santiago Enterprises. I don't why I do all this but I think this is for the best. I know I should not be avoiding and hiding like this because it will look like I really did that but I have no choice. I don't want that psychopath to hurt me or my family or even Lucas. Is she can hurt herself, that is mean, she will be able to hurt people around her too.

"Gia?" I am back from my thoughts and look up at the door. "You seem to be bothered by something since Monday. Are you okay?" Niall asks. He closes the door and takes a seat on the chair in front of my desk.

"Yea, I am okay. I just tired that's all. I have a tight schedule this week." I said.

"Let's go, we have a meeting with our clients from Japan." He said and I look at him confused. "Don't make that face, I think your secretary already inform you. Let's go," I stand up and follow him.

"After this meeting, can I take a day off?" I ask him while we're both walking to the conference room.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"I'm going home, I don't feel quite well actually." He nods his head and I let out a small sigh.

*****

I am now on my way to meet my mom. It's been a while since I last visited her and I think today is a perfect day for me to visit her. I walk down the lobby and walk to my car. "Wait!" I heard someone said to me and I turn around just to see the person that I've been avoiding, Lucas Santiago.

What is he doing here?

He walks to me with a serious face. What did that psychopath said to him and make him mad now? I am not in the mood to handle this kind of situation now or ever. "Can you spend with me a few minutes?" He asks and he actually sounds calms. No sign of him going to get mad at me.

"If you want to talk about what happened to your girlfriend, I don't have time for that. You won't believe me anyway." I said then walk away from him but before I could do that, he grabs my hand and makes me turn back to him. "Lucas, can't you understand? There's no point in you asking me bunch of questions because you will never ever believe me and hear my side of the story. " I said and he let out a frustrated sigh. "See, so there's no point of us talking,"

"Can't you just go and apologize to Eli about what you did?" I look at him in disbelief. Is he joking right now? He wants me to apologize to that psychopath? Hell no!

"Look, why would I be the one who apologizes to something that I didn't do? It's crazy to think that you actually defenses her and believe her completely. I thought you were smarter than this but it looks like you're not." I scoff.

"Gia, I know this is hard for you to accept but don't make it worse."

"Lucas Santiago, I think you should go and have your head check too. I think that psychopaths already put lots of poison to make you this stupid. I'm sorry to say but you change from the Lucas that I know a year ago. You're not the Lucas I like anymore. I need to go now If you finally found your old Lucas that I know, please bring him back. For now, go home or whatever you like and ponder about all this. I think you might need it." I said and grab my hand that still in his grip and walk away.

He's so stupid and this time, I really don't know who is Lucas Santiago anymore. He's changing so much and this is all because of the witch. She's not supposed to appear in front of Lucas and me. I can't believe she lied to me about Lucas cheated on me with her and even sleep with her too. She is so desperate to make me go from Lucas's life. Indeed, she is successful to make me walk away from his life but not for that long.