Chapter 6

[ Edward Mante - Need space ] 

Gia

FIVE MONTH LATER

"Alright, meeting dismiss," I said and walk out from the meeting room. 

"Miss, next you have a meeting with our ambassador from Japan in one hour. After that, you're free." I nod my head and my personal assistant walks out of my office. I look through the file for my next meeting. This five-month has been so hectic to me because my dad wants me to be independent and manage my own company. I am quite relieved that my dad doesn't let me manage it alone. Niall has been with me since the very beginning until now. I am so thankful to have a big brother like him, at least helps me a lot. Even though sometimes he still likes to prank me even when we're in office. 

Niall will get married next month, so he's not going to be in this office that often. That's why I've been so busy. I cannot believe he will leave the house too. I am quite sad but I will not be sad when the twins are out of that house. I will be the happiest woman on earth. I close my eyes and then my personal assistant knocked on my door. "Yes."

"Miss, it's time." I look at my watch and it's time for my next meeting. I take the file and walk out of my office. 

*******

I'm finally free from all this work. I'm on my way to go home but then my phone ringing. I stop midway and look at my phone. It's my dad's calling. "Yes, dad? I'm on my way home, now." I said.

"Good, I need you to meet me right now. I want to introduce you to our new client. I will share with you the location." I was about to say something to my dad but he ends the call after he said what he wants to say. I sigh and walk lazily in my car. My mood from hundred to zero real quick. I drive to the location that my dad sent just now. I really hate to be in this 'dinner' because I know they're going to talk about work for hours. After I arrive, I gt out of my car and walk inside the restaurant. The waiter brings me to the private room where my dad and his client are. I knocked on the door before opening it. The moment I open the door, I froze because this is not what I thought it going to be. I mean I do expect a client or two but this is not in my mind at all. It's like a board meeting right here. There are six men in this room including my dad. I feel hesitate to walk in right now. "Come in, Gia." My dad said and I quickly take a seat beside him. This is super awkward.

"This is my one and only daughter, Gia Florence. She's been managing one of my hotels here. The reason why I called her to come, it's because I want her to know more about business." And here we go the long and boring speech from my dad. I can say he just wants me to be successful like him and my brothers but I don't think this is the way. Just look at this gentleman in this room, they all look superly young and damn hot. I thought it's going to be an old man and something like that. I bet my life, all women want to be in my place right now. These four dazzling, hot CEO is not easy to meet and I am quite surprised to see them. I just sit beside my dad awkwardly because they keep talking about the project and work. 

It's been two hours and they still discussing their new project while me, eating all the food in front of me without paying any attention to what they said. I am happy at least I'm not going to get boring for now. I can survive for two hours but I don't think I can survive for another two hours.

"So Gia, you got anything to say to them?"I am surprised when my dad asks me that. I was about to chock the food. I look at them all an just give a smile. 

"I got nothing," I said after my mouth empty. 

"Okay, well we will meet soon then." I take my bag and follow my dad to walk out of the room. 

"I don't expect you to be in this behavior young lady." My dad said and look at me with a serious face and I know this time he is mad at me.

"I'm sorry dad, but I am bored. You guys keep talking about work and stuff. You know I don't like to hear all that." I reply.

"I ask you to come here because I want you to know how to deal with clients. You can't just let your brother help you forever. They have their own company and I want you to be independent." With that, he walks away and left me alone there. I sigh and walk to my car too and go home. 

Today is exhausting. I walk to my room and plop on my bed. "Honey, are you okay? What's wrong?" My mom asks me. I turn to see her and sit up. 

"I just want to be like a normal woman who can enjoy their life and don't have to worry about work or money because they got what they want. I like my job as an accountant before and I like my life but after dad wanted me to manage a company, I feel my life is gone. I thought to be the one and only daughter will make my life different from others. I guess it's not, I need to work really hard to earn money." I said and my mom hugs me.

"I know it's hard, but you know your dad. Once he said that no one can say no. He becomes like that because he loves you. He wants you to be independent, but... if you want to be free, why don't you get married too." I look at my mom and she just laughs at me. "I'm just joking." She said.

"You know I am bad at a relationship, mom. I will find one but this time, I need my time to search for the very right one. You just wait." I say and smile. 

"Now, don't stress yourself and go take a shower. You stinky." She said and walk out of my room.

________________________________________________________________________________

How's chapter 6?

I hope you guys like it

Don't forget to

Vote

Comments

Share

*****

Much love from me

Little Munchkin