chapter 15

Gia

One month later

Today is the day which is Hayes's wedding. I almost forgot about his wedding but then he called me a few days ago and reminds me a bit this and even told me don't forget to bring my boyfriend too. I am nervous but at the same time, I am excited to see Lucas today. It's been a while since I meet him. 

I am getting ready for the wedding then Brandon and Grayson open the door of my room. "What do you guys want? I am busy and Lucas will be here soon." I said while touching up my makeup.

"We just want to see what you're wearing. Luckily it's not too revealing, okay you pass the test. You can go now. Have fun, Gia." I look at them and raised my eyebrows in confusion. 

"Since when you guys care about what I'm wearing?" I ask.

"Since today. We'll get going now." With that, they leave and that still makes no sense to me. This is the first time they look like a real brother and I hope they will stay like that because I like it. I am wearing a beige long dress and pair it with a white pump. I like the plain but elegant style. I look at myself in the mirror and smile. "You are gorgeous, Gia," I said to myself, and then my phone ringing.

"Hello," I pick it up and wonder why Lucas calling me.

"I'm here, come out now." He said and end the call. He's not in a good mood today which means, it will be super awkward and tense when we are together. I take my pouch and quickly went downstairs. Since nobody's home except for my brothers, I don't have to bid goodbye or anything. I open the door and see Lucas is in his car and he doesn't bother to wait to open the door for me or anything. I open the door of his car and the aura is super tense and I wonder why. I hate this feeling and I don't want to go in. "How long are you going to stand there?" I am back from my thought and clear my throat before finally get in. The drive is so quiet, he didn't answer any of my questions and just focus on the drive.  

After a few minutes, we finally arrive at the wedding. "Let's go." He said. I am not shocked at all when I see this place. I used to tell Hayes that I want to get married in this church and here he is, getting married to someone else at this place. 

"Hayes, you really-"

"What?" 

"Nothing, let's go in," I said and started to walk but then Lucas grab my hand and that surprised me. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"You at least have to make your acting looks real. Hold my hand," He said and entwines our fingers and at this moment, I cannot stop smiling. We walk together and have a seat. This church is so beautiful and for some reason, it makes me sad. I want to get married in this place but it ends up me attending my ex's wedding here. 

*****

"Well, it looks like you really got yourself a boyfriend." I turn around to see Hayes and his wife. I can say she's beautiful and have nice figures too. "Hi, I am Hayes, and this my wife, Helena. Thank you for coming to our wedding." He said to Lucas but Lucas said nothing and just nods his head. 

"I will go leaving you both to enjoy the party," Helena said and drag Hayes to greet other guests. I look at his face, looks like he was forced to follow his wife. 

"Do you want to go home?" I ask Lucas because he looks bored.

"Are you?" 

"I ask you and you asking me back?"

"Are you?" 

"Fine, let's go home. You probably tired of me anyway." I said and walk to the car. He unlocks the car and I get in without looking at him. I don't know why I am mad at him, maybe because he didn't even talk much to me today as I expected. I expect him to talk to me like we're close but it's not. Yes, he did act like my boyfriend but we just holding hands and that's it. He started to drive without asking me if I'm okay or not. His attitude is cold and I wonder how his ex-fiancee gets his attention. I sigh slowly not to let him hear it and look outside the window.