Chapter 29

Gia

Three months later.

I can't believe it's been three months. Three freaking months but I still can't move on hundred percent from Lucas Santiago completely. I wonder why and how to but I am thankful that I'm not emotional like before. I now feel so fresh and I am going to open a new chapter for my life. Now, the thing is, wherever I go, I always encounter with him and Elizabeth. I guess they're back together now. I don't know if it is true or not but I think they already are. Next, about my mom, she still in a coma and the doctor said this is not a new case for them. The doctor said that there even a person who is in a coma for a year but I don't want my mom to sleep that long. I want her to wake up.

I am now getting ready to go to the hospital to visit my mom with Grayson. Brandon is busy with his work, so it's just me and Grayson today. I am taking a day off because I just finish a proposal about the new project of the company and I am super tired. Last week, I've been so busy that I can't even get enough sleep. So, I take a day off to be with mom. I wear a white tee and a baby blue denim jacket. I wear my black jeans and take my black converse to match them with my outfit today. I put my hair in a low bun and put some makeup to make sure my face look presentable. "Let's go," I said and Grayson open the door and let me get out first. "We're taking your car today, I'm lazy to drive," I said and he sighs because that's means, he has to be my driver today. We both get in the car and he starts to drive off. "I've felt so uneasy since this morning, I don't know why. Do you feel the same as me?" I look at him and put my hand to my heart. I feel so uneasy like something bad is going to happen. The last time I felt like this was when mom had bleeding at her internal organ and what now.

"Do you think I'm your twins or what? I can't feel what you feel, Gia." He said and chuckles.

"Well, I think that is nothing. Maybe my feeling only," I said try to calm myself. I look out the window and look at the sky. The sky is not blue as usual too maybe it's going to rain soon.

It takes a bit longer than usual because we usually went to the hospital in the morning or evening but today, it is lunchtime and the car in New York City is no jokes during this time. After stuck in the traffic for an hour, finally we reached the hospital. "Do you want me to buy you a sandwich or anything?" Grayson asks me. We both didn't eat anything and of course, I am starving right now.

"Sandwich is fine," I said and he walks to the cafe and I walk to the lift to my mom's room. I walk in and see my dad is here too. "Hey, dad," I greet him and give him a hug.

"You come alone?"

"I came with Grayson but he went to the cafe to buy some lunch. Did you eat?" I ask and take a seat on the couch.

"I will eat later," He said and holding my mom's hand. I know he misses her so much. They love each other and of course if one of them in this state, one will be so sad. I couldn't bear seeing my dad acting like this every day. It's hurt me too. He keeps doing his work non-stop and then comes here to be with mom. I look at my parents and the thought of knowing my mom's condition is not getting better, makes me feel so sad and scared. I take a deep breath to prevent the tears from coming out of my eyes. I don't want to cry today and I need to be strong for my dad. I text Grayson to buy something for dad too. He needs to eat no matter what or else, he will fall sick.

A few minutes later, Grayson walk in with a plastic bag in his hand. I reach it and take out the sandwich to give it to dad. "Here, I know you won't eat later. Have some of this," I said and give him the sandwiches but he just shakes his head no. "Dad, stop being like this, hat if you got sick? If mom were here, she won't be pleased to see you like this. You need strength for her and for us," I said and he finally gives in and takes the sandwich to eat. I smile at him and eat mine too.