XIII: Falling For You \\ Colbie Callait

Start from the beginning

"Well, Peyton has been liking Rowan for a while now and they got really close over the year and he told me that he wanted to tell her. He wants to make  it official." I add.

"Peyton's finally manning up, huh. So supposedly, this was their date?" He asks.

"Bingo."

"And you dragged me into this so you wouldn't have to third-wheel." He says and it makes me laugh.

"You're catching on, Perry." I say.

By now, we were just walking around.

"For a moment, i thought we were on a double date or something." He says.

"Well it could be. I mean, if ya want." I say without thinking.

"Then without much further ado, would you care to accompany me over dinner?" He asks, trying to sound fancy while pointing to pizza parlor down the street.

"Why, what a honor." I accept, playing along with his fancy tone.

We order some pizza for dinner. We were just talking and laughing. After dinner, he walked me home.

"Thanks, Perry." I say.

"Anytime, Carpenter. I hope you enjoyed our date." He says, emphasizing the 'date.'

"I did. T'was a lovely date." I reply and he chuckles.

"Goodnight, Carpenter." He says.

"Goodnight, Perry." I say before entering my house.

-----

My phone ringing wakes me up. I check the tine and it's 4am. I pick it up.

"Hello?" I mumble into the phone, too sleepy to check the caller id.

"Ahhhhhhhh, oh my gosh, Sabrina. Today is honestly the best day of my life!" Rowan screams.

"It's 4am."

"I know! I couldn't sleep and i just had to tell someone."

"You should get some sleep." I say.

"I want to, but i just can't. The feeling is surreal." She says, and i already know what she's blabbering about.

"How does it feel exactly?" I ask.

"Like it's all a dream. I was crushing on him for ages and now.. it's just wonderful, Sabrina."

The whole conversation consisted of Rowan talking about what happened between them and eventually, we fell asleep.

-----

A few days later, Rowan and Peyton invited me to go to the park with them. 'It would be fun' theh said. Well, third-wheeling is definitely not fun.

We were just walking around the park while they talked and talked. I was walking behind them. I was at peace until someone grabbed me from behind which startled my soul out of me.

"Perry, it's not funny!" I playfully slap his arm while he's dying if laughter.

"You... you should've seen your face." He says in between laughs.

"Hey, Bradley. Fancy seeing you here." Rowan says.

"Hey, Row. Peyton, my man!" He greets them.

"What brings you here?" Peyton asks.

"I was watching a baseball game and i saw you guys walking around." He replies.

"I was wondering if i could borrow Sabrina for a while." He adds.