5

Louis doubles over, his stomach aching as his laughter echoes all throughout Harry's living room, while Zayn hops around the room and mocks Niall's Irish accent.

Last time Louis had seen this boy, all he could think about was how much he hated him and hated the way he clung onto Harry. He was overfilled with jealousy and missed his best friend. Now, a few months later, he almost considers Zayn his best friend all the same.

After Harry and Louis made up, all of the boys discussed how Harry abandoning them with Ed and Zayn so quickly made them feel left out and how it seemed as if Harry didn't want to be around them anymore. Harry being Harry, immediately burst into tears and apologized profusely through shaky breaths. He explained in sobs that he was just excited to see an old friend and make a new one. Once he had calmed down, he told the boys, his boys, that he had been waiting for them to come over and meet his other friends. When they never did, he felt saddened and thought maybe they didn't like him anymore. Thats when the boys broke out in tears and started apologizing. 

They all got into a big hug and held on tight to each other for what felt like ten minutes, later laughing at the silly misunderstanding. All in all, everything was good again. The boys were back together. 

The boys had also found out from Harry that one of the reasons Ed and Zayn visited was because Zayn's family was looking to move, and they had heard good things about Doncaster. They found a house and were set to move. Liam and Niall were excited to have a new addition to the group, but Louis couldn't help himself from being a bit worrisome. 

The morning Zayn was supposed to be moving into town, Harry and Louis fought. Less of a fight, and more so banter. Although they were not an official couple, they both knew that they had feelings for each other. So, the idea of Zayn coming around made Louis feel a bit queasy, remembering how he was glued to Harrys side, practically cuddling him. 

Harry assured that Zayn was just very shy and didn't have many friends. Although Louis was still a bit nervous, the statement reassured him, and he was a little more welcoming to the idea of Zayn joining their little friend group. 

When the boys first walked over to Zayn's new home, which happened to be right across the street from Louis' house, Louis quickly realized that Zayn was in fact very shy. He showed them around the barren house, quietly apologizing for the emptiness at every corner. when they got up to his room and the boys started helping him to unpack, he would make up excuses, fiddle with his fingers, or awkwardly shift his weight from leg to leg whenever they would pull out one of his action figures or posters. Almost as if he was worried the boys would make fun of him or judge him for his interests. 

It had been a month since Zayn moved in, and Louis had been with him almost every day. Even if the boys weren't with them, Louis was right by Zayn's side. They ended up having a lot in common and were always giggling to each other about something. They had already accumulated many inside jokes that the other boys didn't understand, but nonetheless laughed at along with Zayn and Louis. 

Zayn had moved in right as school settled into winter break, giving him the chance to get comfortable with his new home before being bombarded with schoolwork. Having his new friends as he started at a new high school made him feel safe, and comfortable. He was way less nervous than he would have been without his lads. 

"How was your first day Zayn? Completely and utterly horrible I know, but at least you have lunch with us!" Liam walks in and throws his bag on the floor as he settles in the couch next to Niall. Zayn turns around and smiles, holding in a laugh from the faces Louis was making at him.

"Well, it was definitely better than yours mate. First day and you already got detention, I mean how did you manage that?" Zayn sits next to Liam, smashing him in between himself and Niall. Louis and Harry sit on the other couch, Harry's head laying contently on Louis' shoulder. Louis has his arm around Harry's shoulder and Liam smiles at them both. This is how it should be. 

"It is not my fault that Mr. Limbach's history class is so boring!" Liam puts an emphasis on the O in boring. "If you're going to teach history of all things, you could at least make it a little bit interesting. He was lulling me to sleep with that monotone voice of his. Absolutely no enthusiasm, I could teach better than that." 

Anne walks into the room right as Liam finishes his statement and laughs. She claps her hands together and sighs. "Okay, what do you boys want for dinner tonight?" 

"Maybe we should have Liam eat the pages of a history textbook so he can absorb the information." Niall snorts and Liam glares at Louis. 

"I am so serious Louis! If you had to take that class, you would be dead from boredom right now, or suspended for distracting the class because you're such a clown." 

Louis grabs a pen out of his bag and throws it at Liams head. Liam pockets it and narrows his eyes. 

"You're not getting that back."

Louis just grins and looks at Anne. "Can we all agree on pizza tonight?" 

They all eagerly say yes to Louis' idea and Anne walks over to the telephone to grab it, getting ready to call in their pizza order.

The boys spend about ten minutes arguing on toppings. some things never change, no matter how long these boys spend time together.