Chapter 5 (Guns, Girls, Battleship)

Landing on the other side of the mysterious battleship was Mei Raiden. 

"Kiana, Mei reporting. I'm safely in position." Mei said in her intercoms.  

Mei's journey to the ship was a lot less troublesome, Kiana being the walking target for most of the Honkai and zombies.

still, that doesn't mean that Mei has had a smooth sailing trip to the ship. 

"Mei! awesome! ill head over right now" Kiana said joyfully

"Hey wait... we should follow the battle plan" 

"were the bestest partners! we must stick together to make things easier for them!"

"I think it should be 'make thing easier for us'" 

"Whatever. The battle plan also allowed us to be 'flexible and respond as required' right? just wait for me" 

Kiana willfully said and ran off. Mei could vaguely hear Kiana gunshots on the other side of the ship.  For Mei this is normal. 

SHIIING 

Mei unsheathed her sword. 

Much like Kiana Mei herself has her own battlesuit. 

[Crimson Impulse]

A 3rd generation valkyrie battlesuit and part of the "close-quarter assault battlesuit"

Mid and long rand combat features were sacrificed to greatly enhance close-quarter combat potential. The battlesuit can only be adopted for melee weapons.

For Mei [Crimson Impulse] is her first-ever battlesuit.

After receiving this battlesuit, Mei made some further adjustments, making the suit perfectly integrate with Japanese bushido techniques and greatly increasing Mei's ability to dash in and out of battle and strike the enemy with quick slashes. The character for [Lightning] is engraved on the suit, signifying that it is indeed Raiden Mei's signature battlesuit.

As a BIO type battlesuit, [Crimson Impulse] is capable of countering [Psychic] type Honkai Beasts on the battlefield.

Meis appearance on the other side of the ship has alerted the patrolling zombies, their movement was a lot less sluggish as compared to the normal unarmed zombies. 

Valkyries are powerful female warriors that are infused with Honkai Energy by the Schicksal organization. 

Because Honkai Energy is extremely volatile, many valkyries are at risk of losing their lives not only in battle but within themselves as well. If a valkyrie succumbs to the Honkai Energy, they will become zombies like those seen on the battlefield and will mindlessly seek to destroy humanity. 

Mei knew of this from the lessons they had at school, but this is the harsh truth. 

They had to fight fire with fire. 

The zombie around Mei has surrounded her. From all sides, they seem ready to attack. Holding her katana Mei dashed out of the encirclement when they charged for an attack.

Mei quickly slashed the zombies one by one. Quickly dashing in an out of the fray. Dogding from any fatal blow. Her maneuverability in the battlefield can only be described as fast and quick, while Kiana's fighting style in the gun-fu is like a tank, Loud and hard. 

Kiana's use of the fist and gun is exemplary as a mid-range and close quarter combat against humanoid being like the zombies. While Mei's use of the sword is more suitable for the Beast types like the Honkai.

But by a stroke of luck, Kiana faced more honkai beast than zombies while mei currently faced a group of zombies. Both of them are more disadvantaged by the type difference, but that doesn't mean they can't fight them.