Chapter 2 (Mei)

"your friend Kiana is no longer in critical condition" Himeko sternly stared at mei

Mei looks lost, the weight of her emotions dragging her down. Defeated she sat at the chair head down. 

"that good to hear" mei had her hand at her heart. 

finally, it calmed down to a degree but still.

"you can do whatever you want to me" mei said sadly

mei having almost killed Kiana, her best friend, the only one who looked after her. she couldn't even forgive herself for this.

"even killing you?" Himeko glared at Mie "Killing a Herscher will liberate the world  from the prophecy of annihilation"

Mei knew whats was inside, a Herscher. She is afraid that someday it will just explode. 

"then do it" Mei said with conviction "if my life threatens the lives of others...." 

mei gave up. she couldn't risk it.

"then killing me would be for the best......"

SLAP!! 

mei felt a sting on her cheeks. 

"IM NOT IN THE MOOD FOR JOKES, Were warriors who fight the Honkai! WE DONT MURDER LITTLE GIRLS!" Himeko shouted.

"IF YOU WANT TO GIVE UP ON YOUR LIFE THEN AT LEAST GIVE IT TO ME! ILL FORGE YOU INTO A WARRIOR CAPABLE OF CONTROLLING THAT TERRIBLE FORCE WITHIN YOU!" 

Himeko knew of what was going inside Mei's head. she couldn't use flowery words, but hard truth. It must be something to wake her up from the dark thought in her mind. 

"what if... what if I lose control again?" Mei said weakly

"IF... IF I GO BERSERK I MIGHT END UP KILLING MORE PEOPLE" Mei shouted

But Meis fear was unfounded, a Herrscher is a human that has merged with honkai energy and has given into the will of the Honkai to destroy the current era of human civilization. 

They are extremely powerful, as such that S rank valkyries rarely stand a chance of winning if a fight broke out.

Since they need a human body to host them, they are nigh-immortal but can be killed if their physical form is destroyed or disabled or if their cores are extracted from their bodies. 

"Then" Himeko started "well place a micro explosive implant next to your heart." 

Himeko put her hand on Mei hearth. She felt the beat in a fast pace.

"it will explode once your honkai level exceeds the limit. And scare that thing inside of you" 

Himeko could only do this, any promise can be easily broken but this cant. She saw that Mei has at finally calmed down.

 "Hopefully this will set your mind at ease. so live well and stay alive"

"thank you" Mei accepted 

For Mei is the best she could do. To not hurt the one she holds dear.