chapter 32: a budding friendship

Start from the beginning

- - -

And with that, Byulyi logged out.

She lay down on the sofa once more, thinking about Jieun. What was she going to do?

-•-•-

"Just eat some, I cooked it for you."

Yoongi sat on the couch in his living room, flipping through some magazines. "I don't want to."

"You need to eat lunch as well, don't you?" Jennie insisted as she got up from her seat and approached Yoongi carefully. "Eating my food isn't gonna hurt."

Yoongi ignored her.

"You afraid that I'd poison you?" Jennie laughed. "Come on, it's 2020, do you really think I-"

"I said I'm not eating."

"If you're not eating, I'm not leaving-" Jennie folded her arms as she took a seat on Yoongi's couch. "Do whatever you want."

"Excuse me, Jennie Kim-ssi-" Yoongi slammed his magazine shut and looked Jennie in the eye. "This is my home, do you know that? I haven't made a single noise about you barging into my house on two occasions for absolutely no reason... Why are you even here? Your boyfriend lives right next door, go look for him instead-"

Jennie clucked her tongue agitatedly. "He's not-"

Yoongi raised his eyebrows. "Not...?"

"Not-" Jennie caught herself mid-sentence. "Not in all the time. What can I do when I'm lonely? I barely know any neighbours, can't you just keep me company? We can be friends, or something."

"We can't be friends," Yoongi said bluntly. "I don't have any."

"Well-" Jennie grinned as she put up her hand. "I volunteer! I can be your first friend."

"No."

Jennie pouted. "Why?"

Yoongi stared blankly at Jennie for a few seconds. "Do you do this to just anyone?"

"No, just you."

"Why?" Yoongi inhaled sharply as he stared at her. "Why me, of all people? You don't even know me, what if I'm a bad guy?"

Jennie laughed. "You aren't a bad guy."

"You don't know that."

"No, I do-" Jennie smiled. "I have good intuitions about people. Recently, I went on set and met my co-actresses for the first time and at one glance, I knew they were mean people. And indeed, they were."

"So how do you know I'm a good person?"

"I never got any bad vibes from you, even when you were cold to me-" Jennie grinned. "Besides, you gave me an umbrella and helped me more than once. Yoongi-ssi, you're not a bad guy."

"That's not how it works."

"The food is getting cold!" Jennie smiled as she got up from the couch and pulled Yoongi to his feet as well, ushering him over to the dining table. "Come have a taste, my cooking skills are pretty alright."