chapter 31: a girl who returns favours

Start from the beginning

Yoongi tried to close the door one her. "No thanks."

"Ya!" Jennie blocked him from doing so with a plastic bag with a spring onion protruding out slightly. "Yoongi-ssi, aren't you being a little rude right now?"

"You're offering me to return a favour and I'm just declining it politely, how is that rude?"

Jennie frowned. "Because I'm trying to be nice to you, but you aren't seeing my good intentions!"

"I see your good intentions but-" Yoongi groaned. "It was literally just an egg, can we just not-"

"Just an egg?" Jennie shook her head. "Nuh-uh, it wasn't just an egg. It was gas, it was companionship, it was the sense of familiarity, the smell of home, the smell of a budding friendship-"

Yoongi tried to shut the door on her once more.

"Wait, wait, wait, Yoongi-ssi-" Jennie held the door open once more. "Just one hour. Let's just say you're doing it for me, alright? Once I repay my favour, I won't feel so indebted to you and I'll go right home."

Yoongi stared at her blankly, not knowing how to react.

"I'm the type who always likes returning favours since young-" Jennie insisted. "You helped me more than once - it wasn't just with the ramen, it was also with sheltering me with your umbrella in the rain and carrying me home. Now that my leg is slightly better, isn't it logical for me to pay you back? Take it as that I don't like owing anyone anything."

Yoongi's facial expression softened a little.

"Ah!" Jennie dramatically drooped her arms and winced a little as she pushed her way into Yoongi's home. "I've been standing here all this while holding all these things... they're heavy, Yoongi-ssi."

Yoongi sighed as he closed the door and turned to face Jennie, who had gotten to work at once in his kitchen. He folded his arms and pursed his lips as he watched her fly around the kitchen for a few seconds. He had never let anyone cook in his kitchen before - he himself barely even cooked. But yet, this girl had barged her way in, leaving him with no choice at all.

Yoongi inhaled sharply. "You-"

"Don't worry, Yoongi-" Jennie looked up and smiled, as she wiped her forehead with the back of her hand. "I know the drill - eat and clean up immediately, and leave the kitchen like I never came."

-•-•-

"You know something?"

Jieun was highly focused on doing Jungkook's eye shadow. "What?"

"I noticed that Miyeon-ssi and the rest always does my eye shadow first, immediately after applying my foundation," Jungkook pointed out with his eyes closed. "Why do you always do it the last?"

Jieun's lips curled upwards a little. "I'm surprised you noticed."

"Is there any reason you leave it to the end?"

"There is, actually-" Jieun took a step back to admire her work, before leaning in once more to touch it up once more. "But you probably wouldn't wanna know, you'll laugh at me and call me lame or something."

Jungkook laughed. "No, I won't."

"Nah, you probably will."

"How would you know?"

"I just know you will."