Chapter 14

By the time Azzy reached Noelle's house, it was nearly lunch time. He knocked on the door, but there was no answer. (Maybe she's out doing something. I can talk to her when she comes back.)

He went to his own house which was right beside hers. Despite being hungry from all that walking, he didn't feel like eating. His appetite was completely gone.

Hours passed. Azzy's worry would grow with each passing minute that Noelle didn't show up. He would sit on the couch with his head in his paws. Every once in a while he would start to pace around the room.

He looked out the window and saw that the sun was setting. (How long has it been?) It felt like the hours were merging together.

He still hadn't heard from Noelle. No phone calls or anything. (That's not like her. Something is wrong.) He walked over to the door that led outside. (I need to go look for her.)

...

The Wishing Room had slight echoes of the echo flowers.

They were mimicking Noelle's sobs. She hasn't eaten at all the whole day. Her eyes were swollen from her constant tears coming out.

It was starting to dehydrate her, but she didn't care.

(I wanted to be with you forever... I would have had a family again....) She buried her head into her knees while sitting on the ground.

Toriel and Asgore, she met with them at times with Azzy. They would joke around that she'd become their daughter-in-law someday. Now, that would be too painful.

There's no new family for her in the future.

(It's...my fault....?)

Constantly blaming herself for all these hours. How much time had passed by? It is hard to tell since this place doesn't reveal the time.

She doesn't want to go home nor see anyone. This is all too much for her to handle.

(I wish I would have just not come back at all if it was going to be like this...)

As Azzy walked he heard something. It sounded like...a chorus of crying? Loud cries coming from the wishing room. (The echo flowers must be making it sound like that...)

He went into the room to investigate. Then he saw her.

"Noelle!" He ran forward and sat on the ground in front of the bench, grabbing her hands. "What's wrong?"

"Let go!" Noelle drew her hands away from him. She feels bitter and hurt. The tears won't stop as she sobbed. "I already know you want to leave me! Just please, go away! I don't need to hear anymore!"

She was hyperventilating a bit with her crying as she yelled. Seeing him made her feel so much worse.

The sight of her like that made him feel a strong feeling of guilt. The way she pulled her hands away made his soul ache. (I deserve this...I deserve all of this. But she doesn't. Why does this hurt her so much?)

"How do you know that?" He asked. "You overheard, didn't you?" He looked down. "So you know why then?"

"No! I...don't want to hear it!" She shrieked and cried, as she stood up. "I get it! You never had loved me at all! It's all a lie! I'm just so stupid! How can anyone possibly want to even be with me? I wish I never had come back here!"

She tried to leave, Azzy stood up and grabbed her wrist. He immediately felt bad. (Why do I want to try to make her stay? I'm so selfish. I don't even deserve a chance to explain myself.)

"I'm leaving the Underground. I can't do this.... What are you doing? Isn't this what you want?" Noelle angrily cried as she tugged away her arm.

"I don't know." He sniffled. "Don't go up there though. The humans will kill you. I know what they can be like."