Chapter 13: President Tamaki Suoh

Start from the beginning

"If it is another fox that you want me to slaughter, I am not interested. I'm serious boys, I don't want to be seen with too many fur coats. Remember what happened to my great grand father when he used to be king".

"Head chopped off in 1823 because of revolution. We know", the twins say in unison.

"But Tamaki sir, it isn't a fox. We have ourselves an escapee of Rome". That certainly got Tamaki's attention upon hearing Hikaru's statement.

"An escapee? Whatever do you mean?". What Hikaru pulled out behind surprised him. He couldn't believe his eyes in what, or who he saw. It was in fact Erza Scarlet, the girl who had recently escaped the shackles of Roman slavery, struggling to get loose. 

"We found this escapee in one of the alleyways in Lyon" Hikaru says

"We assume that she was a slave looking at these chain scars" Karou adds pointing at Erza's scars.

"We thought that-"

"maybe we should-"

"Send her back to Rome?" they finished up in unison. Erza squirmed, thinking that the stories of a free northern country outside of Rome and that she was going to be sent back into slavery. However, Tamaki certainly had other plans.

"No boys. You know our policies on Roman escapees".

"Roman citizens are permitted as legal immigrants and Roman slaves are permitted as refugees"

"Exactly. First of all, we shouldn't bow down to those tyrannical Romans, last thing they need is a country bowing down to their whims. Second of all... look at this child" He says going up to Erza. "She looks tired. She looks like she hasn't eaten in days, and her clothes. She hasn't even got shoes. She's dirty, and has many cuts and bruises".

"Well, she is a slave" Karou responds.

"SO? i'm not going to go and give back what Rome claims is rightfully hers. I would never give up on my principles, understand you two?".

"Yes sir".

"Now, get the office staff to get this young girl food, get them to purchase some children's clothes from the Galeries Lafayette, and call my doctor to look at her wounds. We need to make her as comfortable as we can".

"Yes sir" the twins respond, leaving to do his bidding. Tamaki turns his attention back to the girl.

"Young girl. What is your name?" Erza didn't say want to say anything to a stranger. But she remembered the Roman lord who was kind to her, and seeing Tamaki's gentle smile made her want to trust him. Trust him that he will not take her back into slavery.

"Erza, sir. Erza Scarlet". Tamaki holds on to her hands gently.

"Don't worry young Erza. You have my word that nothing will happen to you ever again". Erza feels a little more relaxed now with the sincerity of his trust. Tamaki receives his doctor who tends to Erza's wounds. A minute later, the office staff came in and gave Erza new clothes to replace the slave rags she previously had. After one of the nurses gave her a nice warm bath, she was dressed in a frilly orange dress with matching orange ribbons wrapping around her right leg, hair, and neck. She was given orange bracelets and orange flat slip on shoes. Erza was feeling more comfortable in these clothes, giving Tamaki more of her trust in him. The office staff came back with a bowl of chicken soup and a slice of bread. When the staff brought the food, Erza started to devour the food, having not eaten a lot for a while.

"Now now, don't eat too fast. I don't want you to get sick". Erza did choke on the broth eating fast, so naturally Tamaki handed her a bottle of water. She drinks the water and feels immediately better.