Once again, my curiosity spiked. "Why…?" He didn't answer. He ran his hand through his hair again, and grimaced. Well fine, I didn't want an answer anyway! I finally let it go, and shifted into my multicolored wolf.  I tilted my head to one side as if to say, "What now?" He nodded, and raised his eyebrows. 

"Attack me." 

*****************************************************

Okay, this is it. This time, I'm going to get him. He was sitting next to a rock, tilting his face towards the sun. It's been three hours, and I've had no luck in even touching him. He always moves out of the way as I lunge for him. I started to surprise attack from behind, but he still moves out of the way just as I get to him! I swear, he has eyes in the back of his head or something. 

I lowered myself so I was concealed in the tall grass. I snuck up so that I was about ten feet away from him, and lunged into a fighting stance. Okay, Kiara. You can do this. His back was still turned, signaling that he hasn't noticed me behind him. 

'3…2…1' I counted down in my head, before I sprung up into the air. Connor didn't even look back as he scooted over to the right, just before I landed in the place he was previously sitting. I sprawled on the ground with a soft thud. 

Ugh! I stood up, shook out the grass from my fur, and slumped over defeatedly. 

"You're too loud," Connor spoke. What! That was the most silent I've ever been in my life! "I knew right when you were about to attack." I internally rolled my eyes. He stood up, walking until he was right next to me. He placed his hands on my fur, and I went rigid. 

"Stay low, and stay hidden," he said lowly. "Control your heart rate. It helps soften your breathing." I narrowed my eyes in concentration, while relaxing at the pleasant sound of his voice.  

"Don't scratch your paws against the ground; it makes noises." I immediately retracted my nails from the dirt. I always did that when I was concentrating in wolf form. "Now, focus on the target. Study it's weaknesses and strengths. And when you feel you're ready, that's when you strike." 

I walked over to my bag, stuck my head inside, and took out my clothes. I went behind a nearby tree to shift back into my human form. When I was changed, I walked out. Connor was still standing in the same place. 

"That's really cool! Where'd you learn to do all that?" I gushed. He shrugged. 

"Training." 

I gave him a smile. "You must have had a really good teacher." He winced, as if my comment offended him. Did I say something wrong? Maybe something happened to his teacher? If that's the case, I feel horrible. I didn't mean to make him upset. 

"Hey, you want to go into town? I'm starving," I said trying to lighten the mood. It seemed to have worked because Connor blinked a couple times, and his face relaxed into a lazy smile. My breathing hitched once more. 

"Sure." 

The walk into town was really awkward. Being the Alpha's daughter, I have a lot of people watching me at all times. Literally. Chase was walking behind us the entire time. My father wouldn't let me into town without Chase going with us. He still doesn't trust Connor I guess. Which by the way, is not fair at all! I mean, he's my mate! He wouldn't be able to hurt me if he tried! And to top it all off, he still has to sleep on the fourth floor. 

I luckily convinced Chase to wait outside of the small café Connor and I were eating at, instead of sitting with us. He would never open up to me if Chase kept butting in. Connor pulled a chair out for me, making me smile involuntarily. Werewolves who recognized me looked confused, and then started to whisper amongst themselves. Probably spreading rumors. It's not every day that an Alpha female turns out to be mates with a former rogue.