10

- 3 days before the wedding - 

3rd POV.

Kit was in a bit of a panic this week. He still hadn't gotten his suit, still hadn't planned anything (party-wise for Nine), and he still hadn't answered Ming's confession. Two days ago, (ch 9) while they were cuddling, Ming asked Kit out on a proper date. Kit got scared and pretended to have fallen asleep so he didn't have to answer. 

Now, he's playing that tricky game of 'being busy' every time Ming tries to contact him....

- later that day -

"Kit doesn't like me," Ming said as him, Joong, and Forth were hanging out after class. 

"What makes you think that?" Joong asked. 

"He hasn't answered my calls/texts, whenever I see him he runs away and he left me alone to pick up most of the decorations yesterday," Ming said. 

Forth was confused. "He told Beam he had to do something for his mother," 

Joong jumped in. "His mom's in China, she won't be back till Christmas," 

"See? He doesn't like me. He lied just to get away from me," Ming was sad. He didn't know what was happening with the smaller. 

Kit happened to walk by the group of engineers. He was carrying three boxes and had his suit-bag laying on top of both of them. He also had a bag of food on one arm and his school bag on the other.

To say he was struggling would be an understatement.

Kit ended up dropping his suit, and one of the boxes, and his school bag. Ming rushed over and helped him carry everything to Joong's car where Nine was waiting.

"Thanks..." Kit mumbled and put everything away before getting in the backseat. Him, Nine, and Joong were going home.

"Kit... What's going on?" Ming asked and leaned on the car to to talk to Kit.

Kit just shook his head. He didn't want to drag Ming into his issues. He knew he was hurting the older, but he really didn't want to talk. He didn't want to talk to anyone really...

Nine came up behind Ming and whispered something to him before walking over to Joong. Ming slid into the back seat beside Kit and held the younger's hand.

"How she's doing?" Ming asked and Kit squeezed his hand and shook his head.

"Not great?" Ming asked. Kit nodded.

Kit and Nine's mother was in a fire at her hotel in China. The room beside hers caught fire and she wasn't able to get out in time. She was severely burned, tons of smoke in her lungs, just not in great shape. The doctors have hope that she'll be alright but there's a higher chance she won't make it...

Kit leaned on Ming's shoulder, but didn't say anything. He just needed a hug, just wanted someone to distract him in anyway.
Ming didn't say much, but hugged Kit - just tried to show him that he was there for him.

"Can we get ice cream?" Kit asked and played with Ming's gear. Ming smiled and kissed Kit's forehead.

"Of course," Ming smiled and helped Kit buckle up when Joong and Nine entered the car.

"You want us to drop you off at home P'?" Nine asked.

"We're gonna go get ice cream," Kit said - it was pretty quiet though, Ming repeated him so Nine could hear.

"Alright, Kit - you staying with Ming tonight?" Joong asked.

Kit nodded and looked at Ming. Sliently asking if he could.
Ming just nodded and kissed Kit's cheek.

They kiss a lot considering they aren't a couple...

Yet.