Chapter 53

Colin didn't waste a second, he didn't ask any questions. His arm was wound up, ready to deliver an impressive back hand. 

I expected the little red head to crumple under such a large and furious man. There was a flicker of panic in her eyes, but the tips of her fingers dipped into the tea in her palms. Her normal irises suddenly lit up to a blue so bright, it was like a glowing florescent light. And her hair rose, like she had just dove into water and the current was tangled in it.

I immediately recalled Sebastian and Ethel gasping over the same physical changes to my appearance. Seeing it now, on someone else when it wasn't aimed at me was terrifying and fascinating. 

"Sit down," she sang, her gaze locked on Colin. She cocked her head and gave him a heartbreaking smile. "You're so weary, have a seat."

Colin froze for a moment, his body at war. Then, his shoulders slumped. His posture relaxed into a lazy slouch as his lips parted and his eyes almost fluttered shut. But the part of his eyes that were still exposed shifted from their normal brown colour to a greyish blue.

"I'm so tired," he sighed, then trudged into my living room like it was his own and fell against the love seat.

"My God, you are a siren," Ajax gasped. "how is this possible? You were all supposed to be dead, wiped out by that one alpha in Spain several years ago."

The siren nodded her head, her hair slowly settling on her shoulders once more. Colin's expression returned to it's previous anger, but horror and confusion were now laced in as well. He was released from her spell, but understood her full power now. Her blue eyes were anxious and she kept the tips of her fingers in the tea as she moved her gaze over each of us, but when no one moved towards her she spoke again, "I'm one of the two last sirens, the only ones who were able to escape. Please, I promise I won't hurt any of you, just let me explain what happened."

No one said anything for a moment. The king and queen were seeming to be sizing up the woman they thought couldn't exist. Colin was glaring and itching for a physical confrontation but understood he couldn't win and his parents were just stricken with shock and grief all at once. I just felt numb and wanted to go back to Sebastian, but knew I couldn't until I had answers.

"Well, we aren't going to get any answers by killing each other. Everyone, have a seat. I'll bring out some refreshments," my mother announced, her voice quaking.

While everyone else settled in the living room my mother escaped to the kitchen. The way her eyes flickered around frantically made me think that she was on the brink of having a mental break down. That was my dad's problem though. In the minor commotion I sneaked to the guest bedroom. 

And there, perched on the bed, was my little sister, staring at my mate with wide eyes.

"Tabitha," I whispered, feeling tears prick my eyes. God, everything was just so overwhelming right now. I wanted to hold her into my arms, but I was still so afraid of myself. I clasped my hands behind my back instead.

"He's very handsome," Tabitha stated, watching Sebastian's chest rise and fall.

"He is, isn't he?"

"He's very strong too. Mom and dad told me to stay in my room, but I could feel him here. He must be a really strong wolf. Is he an alpha?"

"He's more of a lone wolf," I corrected.

"Why won't mom and dad let me come outside?" she asked, finally tearing her eyes away to look at me. Seeing her now made my heart ache. I hadn't realized how much I had missed her.

"We are talking about really important things."

"I heard arguing."

"There was a little bit of a heated conversation, but don't worry, we are going to get everything sorted."