"I didn't do much. He is obviously an egoistic coward, who is afraid of kitsunes and therefore would never dare facing one in such a situation", Jeongin voiced his thoughts to the vampire with a rather neutral tone. He let his clenched fists ease up and let an disappointed sigh escape him, which he didn't mind to cover.

"Ro Kanho wouldn't have agreed to talk if it wasn't for you, so I would call that a lot. Besides if he refuses to talk again I will just come and get you to join me and Johnny again", the vampire chuckled, smiling in a friendly, warm way. Jeongin looked at the vampire and was a little bit reminded of his hyungs from Stray Kids, since the vampire seemed just as nice as they were.

"By the way I never introduced myself, did I? I'm Baekhyun", the vampire introduced himself. For  a moment Jeongin wanted to introduce himself as well but then he realized that Baekhyun already knew his name.

"It's nice to meet you", Jeongin answered politely. Baekhyun showed the kitsune a friendly smile and continued leading him to the staircase. The kitsune mustered the vampire a bit and tried to read him. The older male seemed experienced and obviously was good at correct interpreting a situation, because it surely was no coincidence that he had asked Jeongin for help when Ro Kanho refused to talk. It was also very impressive that he had managed to reach his goal without having to tell Jeongin what it was all about. The more the kitsune thought about this the more he had the feeling it was him who had been tricked into helping Baekhyun.

"I must say it's pretty impressive that you got down here without anyone really noticing. You must be quite the talented magic user and trickster", Baekhyun complimented the young kitsune when they stood at the end of the stairs. Jeongin wanted to feel complimented, but a part of him urged him to be careful around the older male. The vampire was probably a lot more cunning than he let on.

"I wouldn't say it's that impressive. I just used what I knew", the kitsune answered and tried to find something suspicious about Baekhyun, but there was nothing, not a single thing. Jeongin couldn't detect one lie, one deception. Maybe he was just overreacting and he just felt threatened by Baekhyun, because he was used to get Ro Kanho to talk.

Baekhyun jus smiled a little again. "You should hurry back to the meeting before you miss something important", the vampire advised, but Jeongin stayed put. He wanted to know what this was all about first. Why Ro Kanho was here and what he could possibly know that interested NCT.

"Before I go I want to know why that warlock was brought in", the kitsune asked with a bit of a hidden demanding tone. Baekhyun was silent until he let out a breath.

"In all honest, it's not my place to tell", the vampire answered. Baekhyun's stayed focused on the young kitsune but then trailed down to Jeongin's hand, where his group symbol was, for a brief moment.

"As far as I was told that's the group symbol of Stray Kids", Baekhyun continued and looked back up to Jeongin.

"It is", the kitsune confirmed without hesitation while his now dark eyes were fixed onto the older vampire. Baekhyun seemed to silently approve of the determination in the kitsune's eyes.

"Changbin is part of that group, so I'm sure you will know what this is about in no time", the vampire ended. He seemed calm and relaxed but his word were enough to let something in Jeongin's stomach flip. What had happened when Changbin went away?

Without properly saying goodbye to Baekhyun, did Jeongin run up the stairs. He needed to get Hyunjin and then he was going to find the rest of his group no matter how long it would take him to drag all of them into the same room.

——————————

Hyunjin let his leg anxiously pounce up and down, while he sat on his seat next to his mother. He had no idea why Jeongin had run off, but he did what the blond had asked him to do; he had covered him by telling his mother Chan had needed Jeongin for something important. The siren felt bad for just lying to his mother, but he wouldn't tell the truth if he said he had never done so in his entire life. In all honest, Hyunjin thought most of the time his mother just believed him, because he let a bit of his sirens powers slip or she just knew he was lying and let it pass for some reason.