four

After class the two parted ways as the final bell rang. It was supposed to storm pretty bad so they had canceled all after school activities.

At her locker she placed in all the books she didn't need for homework or anything and began walking down the hallway to go wait out by Monty's jeep.

"Oh hey Auriella, I uh I was wondering if you want to take some pictures for me so I can't put them in my portfolio for college"

"Hi Tyler, listen as much as I would like to help you, I'm just really not up for taking pictures." she smiled softly at the boy.

"Oh uh it doesn't have to be now, it could be whenever you're free. Um, I can give you my number or something?"

"Um, no that's okay if I change my mind I'll let you know." she tried to be nice and walk away but he persisted nevertheless.

"A-Auriella..."

"No, you leave her alone freak." Monty interjected pushing Tyler up against the lockers.

"Monty come on, he was just asking a question. It's fine." she tried to get him to leave Tyler alone.

"You try some shit with her again I'll break all your precious cameras. Got it?" he spoke aggressively.

"Monty come on, let's just go." she tried again but to no avail. 

She thought quickly and placed her hand under his chin turning his face towards her. 

"Let's go please." she tried once more. 

He finally let the boy down but he didn't do it without staring him down. He jumped at Tyler making him flinch. Auriella placed her small hand around his bicep pulling him towards her to make sure he left Tyler alone.

"So do you want to tell me what that was about de la Cruz?" she questioned as they walked out to his jeep.

No answer.

"Monty." she spun him around to look at her.

He just looked past her, he didn't want to look at her because he knew at this point he would break. He had enough of him trying to flirt with her and be with her and her flirting with him but not taking him seriously. He couldn't do it anymore. 

"Okay cool, don't talk to me. I guess I'll walk home." she stated turning and beginning to walk home.

He let her go. He wasn't going to let her be the one person that broke him. He couldn't let her break him. 

"Fuck!" he yelled hitting his car. 

"Dude what the hell is your problem." Justin pressed as he saw Monty's little moment.

"Fuck off Foley."

"Fuck you de la Cruz" 

This was his chance, he had to get his anger out. He went up to him and shoved the boy causing his back to fall off his shoulder making him angry. Soon the two boys began fighting. 

Suspended. The both of them. 4 days each for fighting on school grounds

Later that day Auriella was laying in the guest room at Jeff's house. Notebooks scattered everywhere but she couldn't focus. It was like every time did or said something she set Monty off but then again she was the only one who could calm him down.

Lost in her thoughts she didn't hear Jeff knock on the door. 

"Auri!" he spoke a little louder 

"Oh uh, sorry I was listening to music." she played it off pulling her headphone out looking towards the door

There stood Jeff, Monty, and Scott.