three

"Time for school love birds." Jeff came storming into the room.

The two jumped up when they realized they had been cuddling all night. She got up grabbing some ripped jeans and a slightly cropped top and leaving for the bathroom.

"I saw that." Jeff whispered to her as she walked out of the room. 

"fuck off J, it's too early." she spoke groggily.

Jeff chuckled before looking over at Monty. 

"You so have a thing for her." he stated matter of factly.

"No I don't dude get out." he threw a pillow at the door making Jeff laugh again and leave back to his room. 

Auriella came back in the room looking at the pillow on the ground questioningly. 

"Did you and Jeff have a pillow fight?" she asked smirking.

"Fuck off Garcia." he spoke tossing a pillow at her as well.

"Is that what you do? Get mad and throw pillows de la Cruz?" she laughed.

"You're just on a roll today huh Gracia?"

"Maybe" she laughed walking over to the mirror to put on some light makeup and look her outfit over once more. 

As she was finishing up her lip gloss and pulling her shirt down a little she turned to grab some sneakers she had in the corner and sat on the bed again. 

She was confused when she felt a hoodie land on her head as she finished up tying her shoe.

"What the fuck?" she questioned looking up at Montgomery who just tossed the hoodie at her.

"Rain." he stated simply pointing at the window. 

"I'm not going to melt de la Cruz." she laughed putting the hoodie next to her.

"Yeah but you'll get sick." he told her looking at her.

"Ohhhh is Montgomery de la Cruz trying to take care of me?" she teased.

"I'll always take care of you Garcia but if you don't want the hoodie I'll take it back.

"Don't be so butt hurt Monty." she laughed putting the hoodie on. 

"I'm not butt hurt Ella, but that hoodie looks good on you." he winked leaving the room and meeting Jeff in the kitchen. 

The two boys sat eating cereal for breakfast as Auriella walked into the kitchen to get some water and a granola bar. 

"You never eat a real breakfast Auriella, you need to." Jeff told her

"This is breakfast dad." she teased making Monty chuckle.

"And you don't eat lunch either..." he stated shoving a spoon of cereal in his mouth.

"Yeah but I have snacks." she said putting another granola bar and some trail mix in her bookbag. 

"This girl." Jeff rolled his eye getting up to place his bowl in the sink, Monty following.

She had a habit of not eating throughout the day but she also had a history of overworking herself and making herself sick. So Jeff, as her big cousin, took it upon himself to look out for her. Aaron was around but sometimes he was more focused on sports and girls and his little sister slipped his mind.

He was a good looking high school athlete so sometimes it got the best of him. 

The three got into Monty's jeep, Auriella in the passenger because Jeff still hadn't come out of the house.

"You should probably eat more baby doll." 

"Monty please." she rolled her eyes.

"Auriella."

"Montgomery." 

"Okay be like that."

"Like what Monty? Please don't act like you give a real shit about me." 

"Wow Auriella, okay cool." 

"cool." she said as Jeff got int he car.

"The hell did I miss?" he questioned seeing the two angry with one another.

"Nothing bro, get in the car." Monty told him before driving off. 

As soon as Monty put the car in park Auriella jumped out and made her way to the front of the school and down to her locker. 

"What the fuck did I miss?" Jeff asked as Monty stormed into the school as well. 

"Well good morning to you too baby sister." Aaron spoke as she swung her locker door open. "Did you eat?"

"What the fuck is with all of you giving a shit if I eat all of a sudden. Leave me alone." she slammed her locker shut looking up at her brother. "You of all people should be the last one asking me if I ate Aaron." she walked away.

As the day passed by Auriella had calmed down. It was now lunchtime. She didn't even bother to get that disgusting Liberty lunch and just went to the table to sit down. 

"Hey, Auri." Scott smiled down at the girl before sitting down next to her 

"Hi Scotty." she smiled cheerfully at him

The two began conversating about all the stupid things that had been going on in Liberty and sports and literally anything they thought of. 

Monty joined the two at the table instantly taking notice of smiles on their faces as they spoke to one another. 

He also took notice of how she hardly smiled around him. He tried to be flirty, to be funny, to show off in front of her, anything but nothing made he smile as she did around Scott or Jeff or anyone for that matter. He also knew that his reputation of the angry, player of LIberty proceeded him and that he would never have a chance with her so he didn't even know why he kept trying. 

"Dude, why are you so zoned out?" Scott asked him breaking him out of his thoughts.

And just like that, he was back to his normal Monty. He looked at Auriella up and down. He then got up and walked over to Bryce's end of the table to join the other jocks. 

Scott and Auriella looked at him weirdly but continued the conversation anyway. Although he went to sit with Bryce, he couldn't take his eyes off of her.

She was still wearing his hoodie but of course, only he knew that. The bell indicating lunch was over rang and as students began to trickle out of the cafeteria Auriella remained as she gathered her things so he took this as his chance to get to her.

"You know, flirting with Reed and wearing my hoodie isn't really your best look baby doll." he spoke from behind her.

"What are you trying to say Monty?" she said spinning around and bumping into his chest stumbling a little. 

He reached his hands out placing them softly on her waist to make sure she didn't fall. 

"That you know you're my girl." he sia dlooking down at her.

"Oh really." she giggled a little and pushed past him to leave the cafeteria. 

"Come on Auriella, why you being like that?"

"Like what Montgomery? Because there's no way in hell you actually like me." she said as they walked into class together taking their seats.

"And if I did?"

"Shut up." she laughed.

He laughed too, little did she know that she said hurt him but he was Montgomery de la Cruz and he would never show that. Instead, he would get it out another way. Starting a fight.