Chapter 44

Okay so how this is going to work: you are getting a double update today, this one is Sophie's POV and the next one will be Harry's. So, yes they are a little on the short side but you're getting two of them!! So enjoy

Today was June 1st. Or, in other words, it was my EP announcement day. To be fair to myself, I had kept it a pretty good secret. The only time I had broken contract was by telling Harry, but no one had to know that. As far as RecordX knew, it was still a secret.

But as of eleven am today, all of my fans were going to be told that my EP was coming out in just over a weeks time. RecordX had sent me a basic copy of what I had to say, but if I wanted to change anything, I had to send it to Andy first. It looked all good, and I was satisfied with what they had sent so I prepared an Instagram post, having filmed a short video to promote it the other day. That was starting to be uploaded as of right now.

Hey guys! So I've been pretty secretive for the last couple of months...well, I have been harbouring a secret! I've been working on my first EP, titled Sue Me, which will be available at midnight on June 10th! It has four songs, Sue Me, Paris, Take Off All Your Cool and That Way. The preorder link will be in my bio, and of course I will leave all sorts of links in the description on my YouTube video. I love all of you forever and I hope you will enjoy this EP as much as I enjoyed making it! Sophie xx

I waited for my YouTube video to go live before pressing post on my Instagram. The first text I received was from Andrea.

YOU DID IT!!!! YAY XXXXX

The next was from Freya.

BIATCHHHHH!! WTF WHY DIDNT YOU TELL MEEEEE THIS IS AMAZING

And then from Simon.

Look at you go! Can't wait to hear it, come back and celebrate with us! xx

"Harry! It's live! I just announced it!" I yelled, he was in the kitchen making something or other, and I was in the workroom.

"I just saw it! Let me put this in the oven and I'll be with you in two seconds!" He shouted back, prompting a smile to form on my face. I started to read through some of the comments people had left on my Instagram, and it seemed like everyone was excited. It was all really positive.

Harry walked into the room, hovering behind me and wrapping his arms around my neck, giving me a kiss on the side of my neck.

"Hey.." I said softly, craning my neck up to get a good look at him.

"You've been licking the mixture again, haven't you?" I grinned, noticing some chocolate around his lips.

With a roll of my eyes, I focused back on the computer screen, watching the views for my video increase.

"This is so exciting!" I said, purely living my best life in the moment. I couldn't wait to release the actual EP, and who knew what was going to happen after that.

"Very very proud of you! I was actually trying to make you a cake that would be ready for eleven, but well, my alarm went off late and then I realised I didn't have enough flour so it was a bit of a nightmare. It's in the oven now, though," He grinned, wiping his forehead.

"Sounds perfect," I said, turning my attention back to the screen, where an email had just popped up in the corner of the screen. It was from Kyle. I didn't particularly want to open it in front of Harry, so I played it off.

"Is the kitchen a mess? Or did my perfect boyfriend clear up his mess too?" I grinned, noticing his face change as he peered back through the door.

"I'll be right back!" He spoke quickly, darting back from where he had previously come through.

After he was definitely gone, I opened up the email and scanned through it.

Hi, Sophie!

It's safe to say that everyone here at RecordX loved your work when you were up here for your initial four month contract. In fact, we loved it so much that we would like to offer you a two year contract with us, where we will hopefully be able to produce a full solo album. Please give it some thought, you would be staying in Manchester full time again. We really hope you accept the offer,

Many thanks,

Kyle, RecordX.

Well, shit. Of course I wanted to take it - it would change my life dramatically. But I had a whole life in London, and accepting this offer would disrupt that. Not to mention that being away from Harry for four months was bad enough. Two years would bring us to an end. It would bring anyone to an end, no matter how strong a couple they were.

I started typing out a response. I had questions, for sure.

Hi Kyle,

Lovely to hear from you again. I was just wondering, is there absolutely no way I can sign but stay in London? What is the time frame in accepting this offer? Hopefully see you all soon!

Thank you,

Sophie.

I couldn't tell Harry about this. It would cause to long discussions, and most likely arguments. No, I would keep this to myself until i figured out what to do. It would work out in the end, it had to. Who would've thought that my ultimate dream would turn out to be one of the biggest conflicts I would ever have to face?

Just as I closed my laptop screen after sending the email, Harry walked in, holding a decorated cake.

"Happy EP announcement day!" He sang. A little tone deaf, but cute all the same.

"That cake looks incredible. You know where it should be? In my stomach," I spoke greedily, reaching my hands out in a crab like motion, pinching for the cake. Harry looked at me, an amused look painted on his face as he set the cake down on the table. He whipped out a small knife from his apron pocket, and cut us too slices.

"This - is amashin!" I spoke between mouthfuls, laughing when I couldn't speak properly, causing my hand to shield my mouth. I gave him a thumbs up, "My royal seal of approval," I grinned, and he bowed down jokingly.

I eyed my laptop from the corner of my eye and felt slightly guilty, but pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind. There was no room to think about that now, I was going to concentrate on living in the present. Here, now with Harry. Everything else could wait, for a while anyway.