Chapter 19

The outfit I had picked out stunned Freya.

"This. Is. GORGEOUS!" She spoke, not being able to comprehend that I even owned this dress.

"I was saving it for a special occasion, why not dig it out now." I said simply.

It was a black dress, made with thin material. It clung to my body, but not super tight. It had thin straps and was low cut, so that it showed off my collarbones. It ended just above my knees. It was accompanied by short heels that hopefully I would be able to wear. I'd just have to practice in them.

Freya helped me get the dress on, and after a good five minutes it was on. I did a little twirl for Freya and she filmed it. "I am so putting that on Instagram, after you've shown everyone."

"Now for makeup." I said, a little nervous because my hand was a little shaky.

"That's no problem. Tell me what you want and I'll do it." She said with a smile.

God knew I loved that girl.

After Freya had finished my makeup, we took multiple selfies. If I could say so myself, we both looked amazing - Freya in particular. She was wearing a short white dress, hair in space buns and minimal makeup. She looked like some sort of angel.

It was now nearing to quarter past seven, meaning that most of the guests would already be here. I had practiced in my heels, and decided that I would need my crutches with me tonight.

Freya text Josh to tell him that we would be coming down the stairs, and to make sure that Harry and Simon were at the front.

Freya, along with my crutches, helped me down the stairs. As soon as we came into the view of the guests, it all went silent. The last time I had seen most of them was when I was shouting at Simon, so it was nice that they could see me in a different light.

But the person that stuck out the most to me was Harry. God, he looked amazing in that suit, but he was staring at me, as if there was no one else in the room. I gave him a smile before telling Freya and laughing about it with her. I reached the floor, and was grateful for Simon and Harry when they caught my elbows and helped me across to the sofa.

"You look incredible, Sophie. So grown up." Simon said, giving me a quick peck on my forehead. He left me and Harry alone, knowing that we would probably want some privacy.

He turned to me, and opened his mouth, but no words came out. He was speechless.

"Just come and kiss me, Harry." I said quietly. I didn't think he heard me at first, but he came closer towards me, and pressed his lips against mine. I kissed him back, and only pulled away when I heard Freya telling Josh he owed her another ten pounds.

"Really Freya? You're betting on me again?" I said, with a laugh.

"Maybe me and Harry should bet on you two. £50 says you two move in with each other in the next four years."

Harry replied to me. "£50 says the next year." He said, making a face at us all.

Freya and Josh laughed at Harry. It was Josh who spoke next.

"Well Harry, looks like you're probably going to be £50 down next year."

Harry looked like he was going to interrupt but I started talking. "A bet is a bet, Harry."

/time skip/

"FIVE!"

"FOUR!"

"THREE!"

"TWO!"

"ONE!"

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Shouted everyone celebrating at the sidemen house.