Chapter 37

A/N:Sorry if the song choice sucks.I'm not good at it.

"Hello dad,kamusta na po?" "Mabuti naman." "Bakit po kayo napatawag?" "Xian,I want you to study here in the States next year." "Nice joke dad." "I am not joking,I'm serious.Gusto ko mag-aral ka dito,they have better schools here." Pero pa,I can't leave mom." "She can visit you when she wants.I want you to be a doctor someday."

"Dad,I don't want to be a doctor." "I don't care, gusto ko nandito ka,para narin makilala mo yung mapapangasawa mo balang araw." "Arranged marriage?!You have got to be kidding me!Pinapapunta mo na nga ako diyan tapos gusto mo akong magpakasal sa hindi ko naman kilala?Pa,I already love someone else." "Hindi mo naman niligawan diba?I want your wife to be Chinese."

"Pa,she is Chinese." "Hindi ko siya kilala and this was arranged when you were born."Bakit kayo ni mom,hindi naman siya Chinese ah?Pero pinakasalan mo siya." "Yeah,I did tignan mo ang nangyari,I disobeyed my parents and nagkahiwalay din kami." "Hindi ako magpapakasal sa hindi ko mahal.Goodbye."

He hung up the phone and ran to his room."Xian!"his mom called.He ignored it and locked his door.His mom knocked on the door."Xian,kung gusto mo ng kausap,nandito ako."He didn't answer.

He checked the time.He can't call Kim yet,she hasn't landed.Xian put a pillow on his face and yelled.Mary Anne gave her son time.Hindi din siya sangayon sa gagawin ng dating asawa.She'll talk to him para hindi na ipakasal si Xian.Okay lang sa kanya na mag-aral si Xian duon pero pagdating sa pag-ibig,gusto niya sundin ni Xian ang puso niya.

He is realy angry."Why would you do that?Hindi ba sinunod mo din naman ang puso mo?Why do you have to do this to me?Ano ba ang ginawa ko sa'yo?"Xian thought he wanted to ask these questions.*knock* knock* Xian walked lazily to open the door."Okay ka lang?"Mary Anne asked.He shook his head."Xian,you don't have to do this,pwede kong kausapin ang dad mo."

"I don't think it will help." "I don't know why he is doing this.Nung kinasal kami,I told him that we weren't arranging marriages." "Mom,meron din po bang na arrange na marriage para kay dad?" "Yes and it wasn't followed kaya ginagawa niya ngayon."

"Di po ba he should know how it feels?" "He does.Xian,do you want to study there?" "No.I don't want to leave you." "Let's forget about this,ok?Kumain ka na."They went downstairs and ate dinner while watching tv."Nakausap mo na ba si Kim?Kamusta na siya?" "The last time we talked,okay lang naman po siya.She's in Florida right now."

"That's great.Ano na,nililigawan mo na ba siya?" "Not yet mom." "Bilisan mo,baka maunahan ka pa." "I don't know what to give her." "It doesn't have to be fancy.Ang importante,galing sa puso mo.Show her how you feel." "Can you help me?" "Sige,ano ba yun?"

"I want to send flowers,where can I get them?" "Sasamahan kita bukas." "Thanks mom." "Yun lang ba?" "I wanna serenade her and give her something I just don't know what." "Hmm..what does she like?" "That's the thing,I don't know." "Pag isipan mo,bukas natin bibilhin lahat?"

Xian helped wash the dishes then he went to his room to start brainstorming.After a few minutes, nakaisip na siya.He made a mental note and slept.

"Thank you for choosing Spirit Airlines.Enjoy your stay!"They got their baggages and got out of the airplane.Kumain muna sila tapos tinawagan ni Kim si Xian."Hey princess." "Oh bakit parang matamlay ka?Ok ka lang?Pagod ka na ba?Bukas na lang ako tatawag."

"No it's fine,I wanna talk to you.How was the flight?" "Great,I'm excited." "Kumain ka na ba?" "Yes I just did boss.Ikaw kamusta ka na?" "Not good." "Bakit?May masakit ba sa'yo?" "Wala,it's just that..." "Ano na?" "Princess,dad's making me study in the states." "Anong masama dun?It's for your future." "Well first,I'll miss mom,second..."he sighed.