7: You should be dead

Sara's PoV.:

The silence after Cloe's claim was getting awkward in the room, so I decided to ask the question on almost all of our minds.

"Do you mind me asking what ship are you talking about?" I was a little afraid of the answer. Not too many people would tell anyone about time travel. To be honest there was only one I could think of. Rip Hunter died almost four years ago but it was still hard for us.

"The man called it a time ship. I think it was called the Waverider or something like that." Cloe must have picked up on our tensed emotions as her answer was quiet and somewhat polite. We looked at each other with the team. For more than a decade the Waverider belonged to one man. All of us wanted to know if she met him but none of us could say a word.

"Did I say something wrong?" Cloe asked confused after a whole minute of silence in the room. She seemed to be uncomfortable with the situation possibly guessing as to why we all stared into nothingness ever since she mentioned that she had been on a time ship before.

"The captain" Ava started. "Was he Rip Hunter?" I took her hand into mine. I wasn't sure whether it was to comfort her or me, but it helped both of us. I felt a wave of grief as Cloe nodded. I did miss Rip but I knew the grief wasn't mine and once more I got scared. Scared of what this could mean for my future.

"Time travel is real but the Waverider no longer belongs to Rip Hunter. It belongs to this team. We are the Legends of tomorrow and our task is to save time" Ava said in a surprisingly calm tone. One look at Cloe told me that she doesn't want to believe a word we say but that she understood the hidden message of Ava's words.

"I'm sorry for your loss," she said. "I have to keep you here for tonight but then I can let you go" She stood up and signaled for us to follow her. We were a little hesitant, all of us being frazzled by this sudden news. I could see my team being preoccupied with the thought of Rip. My mind kept slipping past it, back to a different topic. I was thinking about what I experienced on the beach and just minutes before we left the office. I had to make sure I was right but if I was, I had to find a solution sooner rather than later. I had a horrible feeling about these "powers" I was experiencing.

We were walking quietly when I decided to try something to prove my suspicion. It was possibly the stupidest decision of my life, but I had to know if my powers still worked. I let go of Ava's hand and took two quick and big steps to catch up to our tour guide, Cloe. I grabbed her left arm as if I was trying to stop her from going forward. She stopped and looked at me but I was already tossed out of space and time. It felt weird but also familiar in a sense.

I found myself in the same building, but my instincts told me I was in the past. That shouldn't have been possible. The sudden shock of seeing the past prevented me from letting go of Cloe. I was in front of a lab with a furious dragon inside. I took a closer look and saw that it was the same light blue creature that we encountered on the beach. Cloe and a team of heavily armed agents came running towards the lab. Cloe gave some orders and opened the door. The squad rushed in trying to avoid any contact with the night-black claws. Fortunately for them, the dragon was staring t Cloe. I looked at the agent as well, and that was the moment I realized, that she had no scar on her face. Soon enough the dragon jumped out at her distracting me from staring at Cloe. She managed to jump away in time, but one of the black claws pierced her head. It went right through Cloe's left eye and the main artery in her neck. When I realized that the scar should have killed her, I let go of Cloe's hand and stumbled backward. Fear filled me as I looked at the person standing right in front of me. If it wasn't for Ava standing in my way, I would have fallen on my back.

"You should be dead," I said so quietly I wasn't sure if I said it or just thought it. As soon as I could, I stood up straight and hid my emotions from everyone. I had some kind of powers which didn't mean any good but I did have the experience with my future seeing powers that was a plus. Cloe was shocked and my team seemed concerned as I looked at them. Both John and Ava had a knowing look which meant lots of questions for the afternoon. Or not as John would be away from me and Ava would give me my space.

"Are you okay?" Cloe asked. „We have a medical department if you need it," she said, clearly concerned about me but also confused as to why I held her back.

"No thank you. I'm fine" I said grabbing Ava's hand mostly to hold on to something.

"In that case," Cloe said turning around and starting to walk again „don't touch me" She seemed more knowing than she let on, but I didn't have time to contemplate on that as Ava squeezed my hand to get my attention.

"You're not okay Babe," she told me quietly enough so only I would hear it. "You were frightened of Cloe when you touched her." she was confused a little. "The only other time I've seen you like this was..." she didn't finish the sentence instead went on with another question. "Why did you touch her in the first place?"

"I will tell you all what was that, but you'll have to wait until I figure things out okay?" she clearly didn't like it but I had to figure out what I saw before I could freak my entire team out. That wasn't up for debate. She nodded slightly then left the topic.

The living part of the building was high up and surprisingly cozy. We split into pairs and went into our assigned rooms. Gideon called through the comms later that day as we weren't allowed outside the perimeter, not even to get our ship. I ordered her to bring the Waverider to the A.I. Agency. She autopiloted the ship to the roof and went radio silent for the rest of the afternoon.

"So what was that about?" Ava asked when we were both in bed already. I looked away as I didn't want to answer her just yet. "Sara I know you. I've spent enough time with you to know when you're holding something back" She sat up and turned my head towards her so I couldn't look away.

"I will tell you but first I need to figure something out okay?" I looked her straight in the eye. It was a long time ago when we had this kind of intimate moment and I had to ruin it for the sake of a lie. I shut my eyes and saw Ava in a cave looking at something that I couldn't make out. Practically what I saw was the past, but I knew it was actually her future. And mine. I forced the image out because I had to if I didn't want to say anything.

When I remained silent, she kissed me on the cheek and started making her way to my lips. I forgot about everything as she landed a slight kiss on them. I gave in to the feeling and returned the kiss only more passionately. Time stopped around us and all I could see was her. The love of my life.

A/N:

Hey there,

Slowly but I am making my way through the story. Hope you enjoy it.

The monster within (A Legends of tomorrow fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara