2: Bad news

Hey guys,
As I've mentioned before I'm editing. I am sorry for taking so long to publish this but it is a brand new chapter so I had to go over it in more detail. Enjoy it and leave your opinion in the comments.

Lilly's PoV.:

The one hour trip the next morning was unusually quiet. I was deep in my thoughts and I couldn't even care about the scenery under us. I felt the urge to check my bracelet every minute as if I was afraid of it suddenly disappearing or I feared that someone will take it. There was something else on my mind as well. The reason I became the dragon in the first place was bad news and I knew how Agent Senders would see it. There were few things more upsetting than me burning down an entire village but this was definitely on top of that list. I could already see his face upon hearing the news. Looking down at my bracelet for the hundredth time I dismissed the thought. I decided that I would deal with it when we got there. I looked at Cloe trying to figure out what she was thinking. She never knew what to say when I found out about my as she called them, "crazy periods" and for some reason, she always felt bad about it. She shouldn't have. It wasn't her fault. To be honest it wasn't even mine. Well..., not always. I closed my eyes trying to get some rest but my pounding heart and constant worry did not let me. I did hear the name I heard the night before again but it felt more like a memory of the dream than an actual dream. The upcoming meeting was weighing too heavily on my heart to think about the name, so instead, I checked on my bracelet one more time.

The navigation seemed to be more difficult once we came close to the Island. I noticed it on the boat when we came here for vacation and it caught my attention one more time here on the helicopter. I checked the bracelet one more time before we landed just in case. The engine stopped and I looked up and saw the familiar atmosphere of Rainbow-Bridge. It was different from other places on Earth. Here, I saw little orbs of light, each as bright as the full moon on a clear night. They were everywhere, bouncing together and took up most of the space. I knew my head would swing by the fifth minute of our stay but I tried to not think about that as it made it difficult to think already. We walked up to Agent Senders who was standing at the edge of the town. I wasn't sure I could call it that though as it was burned to the ground and no corpse was recognizable from the burn-marks and the occasional claw-marks. Agent Senders seemed concerned as he looked in my direction but his voice did not reflect any emotions. He was almost as good at hiding his feelings as my sister.

"I assume you both already know why I called you here," he said subtly motioning behind himself. I glanced at the black ground and ruins behind him.

"We do" we both answered at the same time, though while my voice reflected regret and fear Cloe's reflected concern, even if it was way fainter than my emotions. She started to regain control and I envied her for that.

"So, what happened?" Agent Senders looked at Cloe which was probably because I barely remembered anything from what I did. And even if I did it was just flashes and feelings. Cloe looked at me then back at Agent Senders and started now with full control of her feelings, keeping her report completely professional.

"I do not know how it started. We were separated and by the time I got to Lilly she was already turned. She saw me and her fury became uncontrollable even by me. She burned down the city but left me alone as if protecting me. Her bracelet was fully charged when I left so it had to be an accident" I had to cut her off. I wanted to wait until Agent Senders asks me, but stating it was an accident couldn't have been further from the truth.

"No, it wasn't" My voice was shaken and quiet but made Cloe stop immediately. "It was a Cornsen." I couldn't believe how hard it was to say those words. "I saw him and instead of going back to Cloe, I went after him. He noticed me and took my bracelet off. That is how I ended up well..." instead of saying what happened, I pointed at the rather black background. I remembered now how I felt when I saw Cloe. I was enraged and for minutes I regained control only to lose it to anger again but not before consciously making the decision to burn the city.

"Are you sure?" Agent Senders asked. His voice was filled with horror and I could understand his fear. It wasn't like any other alien species we encountered.

"Blue skin, black hair, white robe and he knew about my bracelet. Yes, I am sure" I was certain about what I saw. I really wished I could say it was something else but it wasn't. Cloe and Agent Senders was shocked. I knew they expected terrible news, but I also knew what they knew as well. One Cornsen was the end of the world. Quite literally. Without a command, we started walking towards the helicopter. I was thinking about a Kryptonian girl we encountered two weeks ago. She told me about this species and according to her, if one Cornsen was seen on a planet, the invasion was inevitable. I knew my job and so taking out my tablet I started looking through the surveillance tape I could hack into from a tablet. I found nothing, except for a glimpse of red and white but I couldn't say for sure that it was a Cornsen.

When we got back I went to my lab to check more video feed. Unfortunately, I forgot to charge my bracelet the night before and so it was dying by the time I started my job. I heard the sound of it completely running out of charge and my heart started to race. My head was swinging and I was trying to find the other bracelet I had as a precaution in the lab. I put some papers away and they were shaking like crazy indicating my mental state. Adrenalin was rising fast in my system and I started to lose control. Knowing I have no other choice I pushed the red button that sounded a silent alarm in Cloe's office and with my last controlled inspection before the heat rushed in, I saw the bracelet on the table just across the one I was working at. Shit. The doors were closed so I didn't have to worry about hurting anyone. I gave in and the metamorphosis finished knocking me out of control.