~• 44 •~

•••

•••

لوگ کہتے ہیں بن دیکھے کچھ محسوس نہیں ہوتا
ہم تو بن دیکھ تجھے ہر پل ہر لمحہ محسوس کرتے ہےں۔

•••

•••

These few hours were the most torturous for Michael as he roamed outside the operating room. His heart felt heavy as he waited for his wife.

After few more minutes the operating room opened and Dr.Riya came out. She was wearing all that doctor surgical stuff as she breathed a sigh of relief and stood in front of a worried Michael.

She smiled softly. "The surgery was successful Alhamdulillah." She told him softly while smiling.

A relief washed over him. "Can I see her?" He asked hurriedly.

Dr. Riya smiled. "Right now she's under anesthesia but you can surely see her." She informed him softly and with a small nod she left from there.

Michael hurriedly went inside as he saw his precious doll laying there with a white gauze wrapped around her eyes. He slowly went close to her and sat beside on the stool.

He sat there for the longest of the times. Holding her small frail hand in his as he observed his wife.

It was late in night when she stirred a bit in her sleep and tried to move. Michael holds her hand immediately as he gave it an assuring squeeze. "I'm here Habibti." He told her softly.

As the girl felt his touch and heard his sound, she visibly relaxed. Michael softly kissed her hand as he sat there silently.

"W-What time is it?" She asked him in her parched voice. "It's late night Habibti, you should sleep." He told her softly as he caressed her hand with his thumb.

"Have you eaten your dinner?" She asked him softly knowing very well that he must be hungry. The man was silent which gave away his answer.

"I'm hungry." She told him softly making him stand instantly. "Alright Habibti I'll just go and come back in a second. Don't move from here." He warned her softly.

As she heard the door closing, she hissed as the effect of anesthesia was fading away and the pain just started to be felt.

She slowly touched her eyes that were coated in gauze. She still couldn't believe that she'll be able to see.

The opening of door was heard as Anisah smelled that familiar cologne. Michael came and sat beside her bed on the stool. "I've brought this porridge for you, as you can't eat spices for few days." Michael told her as if she's a child.

Anisah pouted. "I'll only eat if you'll eat with me." She stated sternly making Michael to stare at his vixen. She did this just to make him eat.

"Fine." He mumbled softly as he settled her bed in a slant sitting position as adjusted the pillows behind her back to make her comfortable.

He silently feed her but also had to feed himself on her demands and damn that porridge was a torture. As soon as his Habibti gets well. He won't let her eat that ever.

After finishing up, he helped her lay back as he covered her body with sheets.

"What's the color of your eyes?" She asked softly. She had thought a lot about the color of his eyes, but she never asked and now out of nowhere the question surged up in her hazy mind.

Michael smiled at her wife's inquiry. "Green." He told her softly. "And before you ask what green is like then baby soon you'll be able to see my eyes and everything else too." He teased mischievously making a soft smile to crack on her lips.

She didn't realised, but she went into deep slumber holding his large hand like a baby as she hugged it.

In morning, she woke by small hushed whispering.

"Will she see me?"

"I showered twice just to look more handsome." Came the same voice making others snicker.

"You still look like shit!" Said the other voice earning a huffed groan in response.

"The gauze will be removed after few days." Came the deep voice.

"Crap! You should've told me first!" Came the voice of sad Jhangir as Anisah stirred in her place, recognizing their voices.

Pin drop silence resounds in the room as everyone went silent making her worried as to what went wrong.

"What happened?" She asked groggily as she felt an irritation in her eyes, and then she realized about the gauze and surgery.

"Don't move." Michael warned softly when Anisah was about to sit up.

"How are you feeling Nisah?" Came the soft caring voice of Ibrahim making Anisah to smile softly. "I'm feeling good Alhamdulillah." She told him softly.

"I showered twice to look good for you Cinderella." Came the sad voice of Jhangir making Anisah to giggle softly and Michael to frown at the endearment as he glared at his younger cousin for calling his wife Cinderella.

"You'll look good anyway so don't bother." She encourages him softly earning an arched brow and narrowed eyes as Michael stared at his innocent wife.

"Auntie Yasmeen wanted to come but couldn't because uncle Imran is sick." Amir informed her softly making her gasp as she immediately started to speak.

"What happened to uncle Imran?" Came the panicked voice of Anisah as she immediately tried to stand but Michael kept her in place by holding her arms as he made her lay on the bed again.

"He's fine. It's not that serious just his blood pressure was low that's all. But he's been taken care of and you don't need to worry right now. Just relax." Amir told softly as all the boys witnessed pure gentleness in Michael's form as he softly kissed her hand and Anisah went all shy and coy not looking up at all.

The boys were stunned to see so much softness in his cold eyes as they stared at the cold ruthless man looking all caring and lovey dovey with Anisah.

"Love is in the air." Ibrahim amuses while observing them as he received a death glare from Michael which made him to shut his mouth in an instant .

"Don't tease him, if you want to live." Jhangir mused as he warned him.

She stayed in hospital for a week and not once her Michael left her side. He was always there with her day and night, looking after her every need. That the girl couldn't thank Allah enough for such a blessing.

Auntie Yasmeen, Uncle Imran, Sana, Sohaib and almost all the family came to visit her in these days bringing flowers and chocolates.

They'll love her like their own and it warmed her heart. She will always remember their love and care. Now she realized that it's not always the blood related people that are yours but rather the ones, who loves you and care for you are your true family.

Every day Dr. Riya came to check on her, and she couldn't stop but to feel that spark between Dr. Zaroon and Dr. Riya. There's definitely something in between them as they always fight like husband and wife.

Soon the day came of her discharge but the gauze wasn't removed yet. The doctor didn't want her to leave until the gauze is removed which is still one week later but Anisah couldn't stay in the hospital one more moment.

So her husband took her back home with a great setup and complete precautions. As soon as they reached he carried her all the way to their room and Amma was just in awe at the sight as Hina helped him to lay Anisah down.

A nurse was appointed for her every need. Dr. Riya came along with Zaroon just to make sure that Anisah is doing perfectly fine at the house.

Two days passed with her being isolated in the room. And Michael was so cautious for her that he slept in the small couch just for her to stay comfortable as much as possible.

It was the third and the whole family was here to meet her as per Anisah's request. She was getting so bored with all this special treatment and Michael won't even let her stand without anyone's help.

"Everyone's here." Came his deep loving voice making her smile as was done getting ready but before she could stand from the couch she was already in his arms in bridal style making her gasp.

"W-What are you doing?" She asked hesitated, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Michael smirked as he leaned down near her face as he husked. "What does it look like I'm doing Habibti?" He asked mischievously making her squirm in his arms as her eyes widened at that tone.

She knows that tone oh so well. "P-put me d-down." She tried to order him sternly but it came out rather soft making his smirk to depend.

"Baby it's so long since I've touched you and it's making me go insane." He husked hotly in her ears making her cheeks flamed red as her eyes widened at his words.

She gulped audibly. "I think w-we s-should go." She said softly trying to control her red cheeks.

Michael was about to tease her more when a weird clearing of throat was heard. "Bhai if you're done with going insane then you should bring Anisah down. Everyone is waiting." Came the mischievous voice of Amir.

Michael cursed under his breath as he didn't bother to turn around. Anisah went all red in embarrassment in his arms.

"Get the hell out of here! We are coming!" He spoke in anger making Amir to chuckle as he successfully accomplished to tease his brother. Allah how much Amir waited for these type of moments where he can tease the fuck out of his brother.

Amir left after making Michael angry but as soon as his eyes landed on his shying red doll, his anger evaporated like it was never there.

"Now cool down little doll, your flaming cheeks will definitely give wrong impression of us being late." Michael teased making her go even more red rather than cooling down.

Slowly she breathed as she tried to cool herself down as Michael went down the stairs, but she couldn't help her blush because the reason of it was being in his arms. She just hopped that no one notice.

Soon they reached the lounge and the room was filled with the awes of women and smirks of men. Michael changed his soft expressions to Stoic face as he glared each of his brother and Zaroon as well because he knows they'll surely try to irritate the hell out of him.

He placed the girl softly on the settee in a sitting position and sat himself as well just beside her as she spoke a soft Salam to everyone, and they replied happily.

Everyone started talking about random stuffs, and they all were enjoying really much. The only ones remaining were Sana and Sohaib they couldn't make it her because Sohaib's mother wasn't well so it wasn't appropriate of them to leave the house.

Auntie Yasmeen told Anisah about Michael's naughty doings when he was a kid and literally everyone started one by one opening Michael's deeds to Anisah from birth till now of what sort of kid he was. And to be honest Anisah was laughing her ass off.

She couldn't even imagine this because the big bad Michael ringing neighbors door bell and then running for his life when their dog ran after him. Just the imagination was hilarious because she wasn't imagining a kid but rather a big bad Michael.

They all sat on the dinning table, having their dinner as they enjoyed every moment. Everyone was so ecstatic because they all took Michael's class in a hidden way by telling every naughty thing to Anisah.

Only Michael knows how he sat there not uttering a word. When he literally wanted to teach them a lesson, his face emotionless. And everybody just took advantage of that because they now knew he won't say a word in front of Anisah.

***

"Why the fuck you've not done anything yet." Came the sharp bitter voice from other side making the person flinch.

"What can I do Boss?" The person asked scared at the anger of their boss.

"I don't want her to get her fucking sight back." The person snarled making the listener to gulp.

"But boss-" The person was cut short when the menacing voice of boss spoke up.

"Kill her!"

*****

Michael's schedule was damn hectic these days and with him giving most of the time to his wife made the work to pile up on his desk.

All of a sudden Ibrahim barged in his office as he panted. His face Stoic and fists clenched as he came inside.

Michael arched his brow at his cousin as in asking what's wrong because in no way Ibrahim would just barge in his office like that. He just hopes that his family and his doll is fine.

"Our penthouse in Peshawar got under attach when Asad was filling the weapon stock. Someone from us gave out the words of this secret transaction, and they got under attack." Ibrahim stated with utmost seriousness on his face.

"Asad got hit with two shots, one in the shoulder and other in his left arm. Seven of our men died." Ibrahim spoke with utter gravity dripping from his voice.

Michael looked deadly calm as his hawk like eyes took everything in. His men were attacked. His men!

"Who the fuck is behind this?" Michael snarled as his cold eyes required answers.

"Ali Agha!" Ibrahim spoke bitterly making Michael to slam his fists on his desk as a loud growl boomed in the room.

"Bloody Fucker!" He snarled as he clenched his jaw. His hands formed into fists as he straightened up.

"Nobody fucking mess with me and that bastard is going to pay for it!" Michael growled making Ibrahim to nod, his own blood boiling in pure rage.

"Gather the best ones, we are going to raid their hideouts tonight." He spoke with pure authoritative voice making Ibrahim to nod as he left from there.

Michael don't usually go on raids like this but that fucking bastard was poking him from so long. That son of a bitch Ali Agha was farthest the strongest mafia in Pakistan in competition with his Al-Aqrab. Even tho that bastard is stronger in Pakistan but Michael has lead because of his links and leadership in Saudi Arabia.

The basic reason of him going on this raid because that fucking bastard killed his men and not only that, he almost killed his most important man. Fucking shit!

In late night they started there mission. It was plain and simple. Kill everyone and burn their place down.

But he knew it's not going to be easy as that son of a bitch Ali Agha is not a simple man, he's a fucking psycho.

They were in the van as they were heading towards their destination. Ibrahim informed that they've reached the place. Before starting the attack.

Michael made eye contact with his each and every man as they gave them the message of power with just one glare. "Anything can happen but don't get killed, just kill!" He ordered them in his authoritative voice making everyone to nod as their eyes beamed with vengeance.

No one messes with Al-Aqrab! No one!

With small indication from his hand everyone left the van and went to their hidden places. They moved slowly as Michael was the first in line. All men holding their guns as they slowly surrounded the area of that farmhouse.

Michael was moving with his men from the front and Ibrahim was moving in from the back side with the other group of men.

On the sign of three they attacked from all sides. Killing all the bastards that were taken off guard.

Fire shots were heard from everywhere as bullets danced in the place making their ears on high alerts as they all looked on their backs.

Michael let his men to handle the dogs as he went in search for the bastard, but he was now where in that place.

Cursing out loud, he went back down to found all of that bastard's men dead as his men were piling the bodies out in the garden and when all the bodies were out. His men lit the place on fire.

They left from there, back to their place. Michael was glad that all of his men were alive but still he wasn't satisfied because he didn't catch that Ali Agha and now he knew that bastard will be more precautious.

Michael was leaving when Ibrahim also joined him knowing very well where Michael is heading. Michael went to graveyard where the Salat-al-janazah (funeral prayer) of his men were happening.

Ibrahim went there as he joined the prayers but Michael stood far away only staring as they were being placed in their graves. His face cold and emotionless.

As soon as that ended Ibrahim came back and Michael started driving again. "As per your order. Asad is brought here on your private jet and now he's being treated in one of the best hospitals." Ibrahim informed as he very well knows that Michael would want to meet Asad.

Let Michael be all cold and tough, but he does respect and care for his loyal men. Because in his words, 'if there's no loyal people around you, your kingdom will fall in the blink of an eye.'

Not only that Michael usually take those under his shelter, who are small buglers and criminals, who do crimes for money just to feed their family. His men find these type of men, asked them to work for him and in return, he provides them and their family a good salary and shelter.

In this way the crime in the country will be less, and he hires most of the small criminals, and they don't have to hurt innocent people for money when they can kill bastards and get their salary. Perfect isn't it!

But in no way it meant, he looks down on his man or think lower of them. They all are his men, his power, and he treats them good. They all admire him and respect him. They are willing to give their lives at just one call.

After all they all are a part of Al-Aqrab.

***

Four days are left in the removal of her gauze, and she just can't wait to get it removed. Her mind was going havoc with the happiness of finally being able to see. She couldn't stop herself from thinking about it day and night.

Michael was in office and her she's all alone in their room. She had walked around the garden in the morning with the help of Amma and now has left her in her room for a peaceful sleep.

But unfortunately her brain was running a hundred miles per hour and the girl is not able to sleep at all.

So she decided to went downstairs and spend sometime with Amma and Hina as they're doing chores in the kitchen.

Gladly the nurse wasn't here today as she went to her home due to certain emergency. Hope everything is fine with her she prayed softly.

Slowly with the help of her cane, she went down the stairs and also with the help of wall and with slow and steady steps the girl reached the kitchen but not many voices were coming from there.

She frowned because at this time Amma and Hina must be here preparing dinner, but then she heard small rattling in the kitchen which meant one of them is here. "Amma?" She asked softly.

No one answered but after few seconds the sweet voice of Hina was heard. "You shouldn't have come down all alone. And Amma's not here dear. She went for grocery shopping, you need something?" She asked as she kept doing her work.

"I was getting bored that's why. Can you please make tea for me." Anisah requested softly as she slowly sat on the chair of the small dining table in the kitchen.

"Yes of course dear." Cane her sweet voice as she immediately made two cups of tea one for the girl and one for herself.

She placed Anisah's tea in front of her and sat on the opposite chair to hers with her own tea as she started talking about random stuff and Anisah also answered as they had their tea.

After a while Anisah felt sleepy, so she decided to go back in the room, and she didn't let Hina help her as she walked back cautiously and slowly.

She was still in stairs when she felt an extreme wave of dizziness pass her but the girl was holding the handle of the staircase, and she was glad that her grip was strong because as soon as she got a little normal, she immediately went up, so she won't end up falling from the stairs.

The headache in her head was getting severe as she slowly went to her room and almost fall on the bed. Holding her head she lightly massaged her temples as she hissed in pain.

Why is it paining so much? She thought as she tried to massage her head to ease out the pain and soon she was fading away into the pits of soundless sleep.

Anisah stirred in her sleep as she coughed harshly. Her nose scrunched up as she inhaled the smoky smell and her lips turned cold.

She tried to move, but her body wasn't moving an inch. By the harsh smoky smell, she can tell that the whole room is on fire, and she literally can't breathe due to the smoke and fire.

She can feel the hotness of the fire ending close to her but the girl was in hysteria from inside because her body was in some sort of paralysis as it couldn't move.

Anisah couldn't help it as tears started to escape from her eyes as they wet her gauze making her eyes to itch, but she couldn't care less.

How? Was one thing that roamed her mind but why she can't move her body. She can breathe and heart was beating abnormally in her chest with the girl can't move anything except her eyes, but they were covered.

The gauze was completely wet with her tears and her throat was burning because of the harsh smoke.

Breathing became almost impossible for but the girl couldn't help but to think of only one man at this time.

Her Michael!

She felt the fire near her foot but her body refused to listen. She wanted to scream for help, to cry out for help but her body refused to listen to her wildly frantic brain.

As soon as she felt the fire touching her foot and pain shot through her body, at that time she realized, she won't be able to make it.

The girl couldn't breathe neither she could cough and the smoke was making her choke.

Her mouth remained tongue-tied as she tried to utter a single word but nothing came out. She wanted to recite the Kalma shahadat but maybe that isn't destined for her. Maybe she must go back to her lord like this.

The girl wasn't sad for herself, she knows one day everyone has to returned to their as that is the real destination, but she was heartbroken because she was just few steps away from seeing for the very first time.

She was heartbroken because she didn't want to leave the only person who became her love, her love and her everything. She didn't want to leave him all alone. She didn't even get the chance to see her handsome husband.

The pain going through her foot was awful, tears were the only thing she was having control on. Her life was fading away from the tips of her fingers, and she can't do anything about it.

Her mind started to become dizzy due to the lack of oxygen as her body yearned to breath but all that got inhaled was a harsh smoke.

The burning in her throat and chest felt like clogging as she recited the kalma in her mind and prayed for him. She prayed for him to stay happy even after she died. She prayed to Allah for giving patience to her man after her death.

She prayed and prayed for her Michael in her mind until her brain couldn't work anymore and soon consciousnesses left her in the abyss of darkness. Not of the sight but of the light.

 Not of the sight but of the light

Do follow me for more upcoming amazing stories.

Have a good day.