14. Out and About

< Ivory

(Ivory's P

(Ivory's P.O.V.)

"So, how did your date go?" I asked Liam as soon as I came home. I threw my coat on the couch before making a beeline for the kitchen. My stomach was killing me for not giving it a proper fill. I hadn't gotten a chance to ask him about his date in the morning as I had been running late. Again.

He came to find me in the kitchen and flopped down on a stool next to me. "It—"

"Wasn't a date, yeah, yeah I know. How did your time with him go?" I rephrased my sentence before he could start groaning again. I had seriously never seen anyone so in denial more than my own brother.

"Actually," he said, "Our date went well. He's . . . nice."

My jaw dropped to the floor in shock at his admittance. Liam was accepting that it was a date? I immediately placed my hand on his forehead to check for any signs of fever.

"Are you okay? You're actually admitting it was a date? Do you have a concussion or something? What did he do to you?"

He huffed and pushed my hand away from his forehead. "Yes, I'm admitting, can you stop acting like this! If you don't stop acting weird, I won't tell you anything next time."

"Next time huh?" I smirked at him, surprised but feeling proud nonetheless at his newfound comfort with the topic.

"Shut up and just make something to eat." He rolled his eyes at me.

"Deets baby brother, give me the deets." I flicked at his forehead before I picked up some fresh tomatoes from the fridge.

His lips slipped into a small smile as he started narrating the events of his perfect date. The way he talked about Alex said it all, he was smitten. His eyes lit up like fireflies and remained so as he told me every single detail.

I was happy for him, I really was. He deserved to be treated like this after waiting for such a long time. Liam had never told me the actual reason why he refrained from dating, he just shrugged it off by tagging it as a 'bad experience'. I was glad that he was finally getting along with someone now.

"Dang, I'm jealous. Why can't I have someone like that? Mind sharing him?" I teased him.

"Don't you dare even think about him." He glared, causing me to burst out laughing.

"Aww, look at my baby brother! Absolutely smitten."

"I'm not! And will you stop calling me that? We're twins for god's sake!"

"Shh, you're my baby brother."

Liam rolled his eyes at me. "Anyway, I did not know that he was Cameron's brother, did you?"