Chapter 22

~~~

~~~

Soon Mariah and the others were taken to a cafeteria filled with others making Mariah's eyes widen as she stared at them all. Newt gripped her hand as they went to grab their food before some people invited the group to sit at their table which they all accepted.

Sitting down the groups begin talking with the boys and Mariah minus Thomas who was nowhere to be seen as Minho said he was taken away by a guard or something. The group realized they weren't the only maze as they begin talking about what had happened in their mazes.

Mariah was sitting in between Newt and Minho before Minho spotted Thomas telling Mariah and Newt he'd be right back.

"And there was this big, loud explosion," David, the guy that was talking said as Minho and Thomas got back with Minho sitting down while Thomas stays standing "And these guys came out of nowhere. Started shooting up the place."

Mariah glanced towards Thomas as she took a bite of her food chewing it raising an eyebrow at the standing teen.

"It was intense." The guy beside him said

Thomas took a seat next to Mariah as David continued "They pulled us out of the maze and brought us here."

"What about the rest?" Newt asked the two "The other people left behind in the maze, what happened to them?"

Mariah raised an eyebrow also wanting to know but didn't want to ask so she was grateful Newt spoke up asking what she wanted to know.

"I don't know." David answered, "I guess WICKED still has them."

Thomas, Newt, and Mariah exchange glance before Mariah spoke up asking "How long have you guys been here?"

"Not long. Just a day or two." David responded turning his head around looking towards a male who was wearing a grey hoodie with the hood up continuing "That kid over there has been here the longest."

Mariah and the boys look over towards the boy as well "Almost a week."

Looking back towards them the guy that Mariah hadn't learned the name of spoke up again "His maze was nothing but girls."

Mariah looked shocked blinking running her tongue over the roof of her mouth "Lucky bastard..."

Newt looked towards her offended along with Minho and Thomas "The shuck that supposed to mean Mariah?"

Mariah looked towards Newt "It means he's lucky, I would have loved to be in a maze with girls!"

Minho raised an eyebrow saying one-word "Newt."

Mariah closed her eyes scratching her eyebrow "Shut up."

Newt smirked wrapping an arm around her waist sliding her closer while Minho chuckled at the girl before looking back towards the other guy seeing them watching Mariah in amusement "Really?"