"A Voice???"

Calista Forster's POV

"Cal! Wake up! It's your first day of tenth grade! You don't want to be late, do you?"

I was quickly woken up by the scream of my aunt. I squinted my eyes to see what day it is today.

July. 8, 2020...

First day of tenth grade! I cannot wait!

Hi! I'm Calista Forster! I'm fifteen years old and I live with my aunt and cousin. Well... I am turning sixteen tomorrow. Nobody except my parents, Aunt Diana and Mirah knows about my birthday... I hate it when people greet me "Happy Birthday" cause of an incident that happened when I was 5 years old... From that day, I started to have Fragapanophobia. Why don't I live with my parents? Well... They're too busy with work in another country to even look after me. Moving on cause I don't want negativity on my first day, I live with my aunt named Diana Forster. And my cousin named Mirah Forster. They're pretty nice if you ask me. Mirah is in seventh grade and my aunt is a librarian where I study. Now, back to the story.

Fragapanophobia, or natalophobia (from Latin natalis, birthday) is the irrational fear of birthdays. Causes of this fear include bad experiences involving or taking place during birthday. This phobia is commonly suffered by children and elderlies.

I took a bath quickly. When I came back to the room, I saw my uniform. It was a blue long-sleeved polo with a patch of the logo of my school which is ZIS—Zarian International School—. The skirt was black and knee-length with white stripes.

I quickly changed into my uniform and went outside and saw Aunt Diana and Mirah eating already.

I sat beside Mirah and started to eat as well.

Mirah is a little bit shorter than me with shoulder-length black hair that goes perfectly with her not too slim and not too fat appearance and fair skin. She loves modeling and styling our hair. She says she wants to be a model, makeup artist, or designer when she grows up. Aunt Diana is the same height as me with an inch longer hair than Mirah and is a little bit slim. Aunt Diana loves to sing, which makes me wonder why she didn't just become a singer?

My appearance on the other hand is 5'3 in height and have the same length black hair as Aunt Diana. Although I have a not-too-slim and not-too-fat appearance. I love to fight, kick some butts, and also listen to music. I also love to sing... But I never sing in front of everyone since I'm scared of criticism. I wasn't really scared of criticism before. It just so happened that something went wrong. But that's another story? Moving on!

We live in a one-story house with only 4 bedrooms. But if you ask me? It's big enough for me. We're not rich, and we're also not poor... Something in the middle? On the other hand, my parents ARE rich. They just don't give money to us. But I'd rather not get their money.

"Cal, you're going to walk to school every day with Mirah alright?" Aunt Diana said while looking at me. I nodded up and down while chewing. Aunt Diana smiled and got our bags.

After eating, Mirah and I took our bags and said bye to Aunt Diana and headed off to school.

"Hey, Calista? Why doesn't my mom go to the school with us if she works there?" Mirah asked as she kicked some pebbles while walking.

"Cause her shift doesn't start until 8:00 am..." I said as I plugged my earphones in and started listening to music. Mirah took off one earbud off me and listened as well.

"What time is it then?" she asked looking forward now. "It's 4:21 am." I said then got inline for the bus.

The conductor quickly signaled us to go in the bus. Me and Mirah sat at the very last row. The bus ride was quite long cause we live in another city from our school. "What time does school start?" Mirah asked while looking out the window. "7:00 am." I said quickly. Mirah's eyes then widened. "Then why did we leave at 4 am?!" She screamed but not too loud. Only enough for only both of us to hear. "Cause there's a flag ceremony at 6:00am and the guard opens the gate at 5:00 am." I said casually. "Oh... Right..." She said then hadn't spoken anymore for the rest of the ride.