Chapter Twenty-Two: Acceptance

Start from the beginning

"No... No! Shit!" He yelled, dropping the device down and attempting to stamp the fire out. It should've hurt him, but it seemed like the heat did nothing to him. Lied told him to leave it, as it wouldn't harm the sensors as they were made from tele-kill material, so they did not have to worry.

And after another five minutes has elapsed, the light blue liquid cartridge shot out from the side of the tablet, and the blue flame instantly died down. Axel whipped a bead of sweat from his forehead, though it was from nerves rather than from the intense heat.

Marissa had definitely felt it though, looking nearly petrified as he entire body and clothes were soaked in a layer of sweat, and she was in the farthest part away from the flame too.

"I-uhh... I think we should probably get a change of clothes." Mason muttered, pointing towards both Axel and Marissa. This was about the same time that Axel realized that although he wasn't affected by the heat, his clothing was.

He was left with charred, crumbing pieces of burnt and scorched leather that barely resembled what they once were. Axel took great care in trying to keep the ash-like clothing together, but it was no use. By the time that he got outside the room, the clothes were almost entirely gone.

Lied sighed and told the other scientists to end the operation, and to shut down the Infinity chamber. Mason wondered what he was thinking, seeing as how Lied had a neutral face that was almost entirely impossible to read.

Lied swiftly turned to another researcher, a ram that was about half his size, "Can you grab some clothes please? I believe we have some in the utilities closet, thanks." The ram nodded and quickly rushed out the room in search of said clothes.

Lied sighed deeply and positioned himself in front of the control module for the Infinity Chamber. He looked almost depressed, and even more so, completely done with everything.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Mason asked, body still against B-64 despite not needing warmth anymore. Lied sighed again, but nodded all the same, "Why didn't Marissa get anything?"

Lied slid to hands against his temple and rubbed them together, his voice groggy and distant and a complete departure from earlier, "She... Well, she has a marker, as she did react with the Boson Energy differently than most do, it's just that we don't know which type."

B-64's visor showed what looked like a raised eyebrow, before quickly morphing into, "What different type?". Mason agreed with him, and asked the same question.

"So far, there have been two types of Boson Energy that we know of. Red and Blue. You have the marker for Red Boson Energy, a sort of pure energy that is abstract in concept, but more or less is the jack of all trades kind of energy." Lied explained, pushing himself off of the consol.

"Blue is more about... Well, elements I guess I could call them. You know, fire, water, the basic building blocks if we go with a spell kind of thinking." Lied twiddled his thumbs and sat down on the table opposite of Mason and B-64, "But there are at least four other Boson Energies."

This caught Mason, and B-64 in surprise. Sure, they knew about the three, but three more? Even B-64 didn't know what the rest were, but granted, he hadn't been at his home planet for quite a while.

"There's three more?" Mason blurted out, Lied taking notice.

"Three? You know three?" He asked, seemingly a spart being ignited inside his eyes, "What is it?"

"Black Boson Energy" Stated B-64's visor in plain green text. Lied's mouth twitched into a smile.

"So wait. If there is red and blue... Opposite colors. I don't know, but maybe they have something to do with the spectrum of colors. I mean, if there is black, then maybe there's white..."