Kusuke eyed him with a small smile, "It's alright. If it meant Gohan would get to live, I don't mind."

Goku smiled at him, "I'm glad Gohan has a friend like you. Good thing they have the Dragon Balls to wish you back."

Kusuke let out a relieved breath, but then gave a confused look at Goku implying that only he would get wished back. "You'll get wished back too though, right?"

Before Goku could reply, he glanced behind him. "Say, I don't see Cell's soul. Did he go straight the the other place?"

King Kai -- a round, blue skinned creature with a black robe and dark tinted glasses -- suddenly halted and frantically looked around. "Y-You're right!"

Goku, Kusuke, and the others also stopped and turned to King Kai.

"He's not here anywhere!" he exclaimed. "He's not even at King Yemma's! But all souls go to judgement first!"

The saiyans were alarmed. "What?" Kusuke questioned.

"What exactly are you saying, King Kai?" Goku asked.

The Kai wore a fearful look. "What I'm trying to say is that Cell isn't dead yet..."

"What?!" the saiyans exclaimed. On their flight, Goku had explained to Kusuke what had happened.

"But that's impossible! He blew himself up!" Kusuke pointed out.

King Kai shook his head, "Somehow, he's survived."

Kusuke stared with wide eyes. Gohan, Sis, everyone! They're in trouble!

× × ×

Niya stared curiously as Krillin defended Android from Vegeta by saying she was a person, too. She smiled, and before she was about to speak up, strong winds suddenly began to gather, pulling towards something in front of them.

Niya and Trunks grounded themselves, but they -- much like everyone else -- sensed something very familiar, and their eyes widened.

"That ki...," Vegeta pointed out.

"It... can't be," Trunks was in disbelief and kneeled to set Kusuke's body back down.

"No...," Piccolo grit his teeth.

As Trunks was kneeling down, Niya moved to hand him Android 16's head, and he set it in Kusuke's arms. But before he could get up, a small beam of energy flew just overhead, sending a cold shiver down his spine. His eyes widened, however, when someone's ki began to fade away quickly.

Everything in that moment seemed to pass in slow motion.

Trunks looked up to see Niya falling back. His wide, blue eyes stared in horror at the scene. The first thing he saw was red. Red glittered and spurt out from Niya as she fell and collapsed on the rocky ground.

A familiar sinister chuckle ran through the air. "Who did I hit?" he asked, but then he answered his own question. "Ah, Niya. How touching for the siblings to be reunited in the After life."

The wind around them calmed and the dirt settled to reveal a very much alive and strong Cell.

But Trunks did turn to the bio-engineered Android. He didn't care about the explanation of how he was alive. What he did care about was that Cell had killed Niya, the woman he had been in love with for years, the woman who had finally become his wife. After everything, Cell had decided to take away the one person he couldn't bear losing.

"NIYA!" Trunks cried out and in a flash was by her side.

Upon closer look, he could see that the beam had struck her heart, creating a bloody hole in its stead. And he also noticed that the multitude of shimmering red pieces was because Cell had managed to shatter the Red Jewel.