Back to seventeen

Start from the beginning

I groaned loudly, "Can we not talk about him? What's so good about him anyway? He is like just any other boy who thinks he is too good for any girl here to date. Narcissist."

Nam Kang Joon's ears perked at my words. He scoffed as he came to our table. "If you really want to not talk about me or see me, then why do you?"

"I was just explaining them that there's no need for them to worship you like a damn God," I rolled my eyes at the boy in front of me. He is such an eyesore, he is literally the boy of magazines. I'm not complimenting, I'm saying that he is someone who runs after trends.

Nam Kang Joon had long hair, curled at the ends. He is even wearing his uniform as if he wants to look like a model. His shirt is partly tucked, tie loosely hanging over his neck and his hair was ruly. It's the trend now, to look like the actors from the highschool dramas.

He ran his fingers through his hair, "I am a God, you are just atheist."

"I don't think so, you're not as attractive as you think you are." I threw harsh words on his face. I knew it was wrong of me to do so but he pisses me off all the time.

"You are denying it?"

"Kojo (Get lost)," I waved him off.

He glared at me before walking back to his table. It was like he was plotting my murder in thirty different ways with just chopsticks. Ah Rin and So Mi looked at me like I just gobbled their portion of pork ribs. I would have done that gladly if he didn't ruin my appetite. I don't know why they worship him.

I remembered that one incident from highschool days which instead of distancing us, got us closer in college days. I became his female friend because there was no girl except me who didn't have a crush on him. We even hung out often along with Ah Rin and So Mi. It sometimes was at his home, sometimes it was at mine. My father grew fond of him and my mother loved his sarcasm. That's one of the reasons my father wanted me to marry Kang Joon. He thought he is the perfect match for me because he is good at almost everything, which included handling my mood swings.

I laughed, "Well you know I didn't mean it."

"You still denied it that day. So it does count, even though we became close later on," He pouted.

I rolled my eyes, "Mian (sorry)."

"You're not sorry at all!"

"Because I'm not."

"You are such a cat,"

My brows furrowed, "Mwo (What)?"

"You really get so mean when you are having bad days just like cats." He stuck his tongue out.

I snorted, "Are we still seventeen or something? Nicknames are too old for us, Kang Joon."

"It feels like we are back to seventeen today. I mean, the vibes from today were just the same from the times you hated me." He chugged on his bottle.

"I still hate you,"

"Why? Because you forgot that we got close in college?"

"No, just because we hung out without killing each other doesn't mean I don't hate you. Ah Rin and So Mi are found of you is all," I glanced at those both who fell asleep.

"Just admit it, we were good friends back then. My family likes you, your family likes mine, that should explain how close we are!" He frowned.

I scratched my neck awkwardly, he has a point. "Dream on."

"I dream of us being more than just friends- ouch!"

I smiled sickly sweet at him as I kicked his feet again, "Don't even complete that sentence. You can dream all you want, you are not the only one who is good looking here."