"Ok, how about if I asked you questions?"

I slowly nodded. This would be weird, it was usually my job to do this. Asking the questions to figure out what was wrong with someone.

"What do you miss most?"

I told him that I missed my freedom, to be able to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted to do it. I missed knowing what would happen next. Suddenly everything was so unpredictable and the situation could change within the hour now that I was here.

"Why did you try to kill yourself?"

I let out a bitter laugh, was he really that stupid that it was impossible for him to put together the basic information and facts.

"Because I'm not happy here! Come on, you can't really believe that this is enjoyable for me! You claim that you....you love me, but this isn't love Antonio. Your simply used to getting your own way and now that you can't have me your obsessed with the idea of love!"

He rolled his eyes, although it seemed more like an unintended reaction than a planned response. But he made no effort to defend himself.

"Will you ever love me?"

My previously lowered head shot up when I heard this, my eyes meeting with his. My brain danced around, searching for a truthful answer.

"I don't want to but I'm scared that I could."

It was true. I didn't want to fall in love with this man. He had hurt me and enjoyed doing it, only showing remorse now. But I had felt some sort of attraction to him from the start and was so terrified that it would turn into something more. I had my theories about Stockholm syndrome but whatever I felt seemed so much stronger than that.

"But Alice you said it yourself, who knows what would have happened if I hadn't have kidnapped you! I mea-"

Once again I interrupted his explanation, feeling the urge to draw him back into the real world and remind him if what had actually happened.

"But you did kidnap me Antonio! Then you hit me, then you raped me. There is no 'what if' about any of this. This isn't a relationship!"

He stood up and placed his hand on his head while starting to pace around the room. Yet still, he made no advance towards me that suggested he would hurt me.

"Alice, we could forget about all of what has happened. I will make you better, we can move back to your home so that you can return to your work again, we can have a normal relationship together!"

I snapped. How dare he try to talk me into forgetting about everything he had put me through!

"THIS CAN'T BE NORMAL! NORMAL PEOPLE DON'T KIDNAP OTHER PEOPLE ANTONIO!"

I screamed at his figure from across the room.

"You think I don't know that?"

He let out a frustrated breathe and came towards the bed. The sudden movement in my direction appeared threatening to me so I couldn't help but flinch. Though he just sat next to me and clasped his hands around mine.

"I'm sorry Alice! I swear if I'd have expected to feel how I feel about you now, then I would have done everything so much different back when we broke in to save Alex."