“You guys are such a sweet family.” Xel said with a fond smile on their face. 

“Yes, WE certainly are.” Molly said gesturing to everyone in the room. “We aren’t just a family of three. I am so happy to have all of you to help me. I would be lost without you all. I know Lyla loves everyone in the pack. Though Remus will not be babysitting the kids ever again after what happened last time. ”

“Whose idea was that again?” Ash questioned. 

“Who knows, but that is one mess I don’t want to clean up again. Other than that things have been flowing so smoothly.” Zaylea stated. 

“HE ISN’T A GLASS DOLL! HE NEEDS TO EPIRANCE LIFE! YOU CAN”T JUST WRAP HIM IN BUBBLE WRAP AND CALL IT GOOD!”

“I CAN TRY!” 

Thomas came running into the room baring his face in Molly’s lap.

“Smooth, my butt.” 

“Aunt Molly make them stop!” Thomas pulled his face up with tears in his eyes. 
“That’s it!” Molly said her eyes flashing bright purple, before gently saying. “Thomas sweety go find Lyla and play with her.” Thomas nodded before running off to find his friend. 

She stood up and stormed to the office the two Alpha’s were arguing in. They didn’t even notice that she had come in. 

“It's a tiny bruise! He is gonna get bruised!”

“Not if we are careful!” 

Molly rolled her eyes annoyed. It's the same argument  that they have been having forever now and she was done. “Ladies, ladies you are both pretty, but there is an actual damsel in distress and she is done with your shit, so sit down!”

The two Alphas growled at her, but she was unfazed. Well she pretended to be, but it was really hard with their intimidating auras. “Did you two, even notice your son left? He was crying in my lap because you two can’t get your shit together. You are mates for crying out loud, figure it out! Think about how your arguing is affecting your son. I think that is a bit more important than a few cuts and bruises. Virgil you are an overprotective mama bear and we are all getting tired of it. Roman I can kinda see where V is coming from. You are a little ruff with Thomas considering he is human, and you should try to manage your side of the argument especially during pack meetings. But my goddess figured it out you are only hurting Thomas!” 

With that she stormed from the room leaving the two Alpha’s speechless.

________

Thomas had found Lyla and they had snuck away together to their clubhouse.

“Papa and Daddy are fighting again…” Thomas said as they walked in the direction of their hideaway. 

Lyla frowned not liking how upset Thomas was. “Umm… hey look Thomas a rainbow!” 

Thomas frowned. He didn’t see a rainbow. “I don’t see it?” 

Lyla smiled, “Come on the end looks like it's at our club house! I bet there is treasure.”  she stated and took off running.

“Wait Lyla!” Thomas said, struggling to keep up. When he caught up to her he was winded, but Lyla wasn’t breathing hard at all. 

“Look Thomas I was right there is a treasure here!” She said pointing to a plate of cookies by the bean bags.

“I still... *huff* I still don’t… *wheeze* I still don’t see a rainbow.” Thomas said looking all around as he regained his breath. 

Lyla shrugged “Imagination!” she said mimicking a cartoon character she had seen on tv. Thomas pouted. 

“I wanted there to be a real rainbow!’ He said he is sad now.

“Hey no, I’m sorry. I wish I could make one magically appear for you.” Lyla said panicking and feeling bad. 

Suddenly Thomas felt a buzzing feeling in his chest and he blinked his eyes hard. Lyla let out a small gasp as Thomas’s eyes turned gold. Suddenly a light sprinkle of rain fell from a previously cloudless sky and just as quickly as it came it disappeared letting the sun work its magic casting a beautiful rainbow in the sky. Once the rainbow had formed Thomas’s eyes returned to their chocolate brown color. 

Lyla just stood there gaping at her friend, “How did you do that?” 

“I don’t know...” 

_________

The two kids were now on a mission to figure out what the heck happened. But they made it a secret mission. They didn’t want anyone else to know. It was their secret just for the two of them. They figured out the only time things happened was when Lyla said “I wish” If Thomas did it, it didn’t work. They got all sorts of stuff for themselves to play with. New toys, candy, games, you name something a kid could want they did it. Eventually Thomas got good at his little trick. He became adept at controlling it. Lyla thought they should tell their parents once they had figured it out, but Thomas didn’t want to. He was scared that it would just be another thing for his dad’s to fight about. 

Why didn’t they wish for the fighting problem to be fixed? For him to be a werewolf so Virgil wouldn’t have to worry so much? The simple answer is they never thought to do that. They were kids, why solve their problems when they could have new toys. Lyla always made sure to wish for things they both wanted. She was fair in her wishes and that made Thomas happy. They never bothered to ask the question of how Thomas could do it. They just enjoyed the mysterious power he possessed.